grey water/ black water tank mix up

We have had our 31BHD out several times and just discovered that whenyou pull the lever to clean the black water out, it lets the gray water out and when you go to pull grey it lets the black out.

Has anyone eles experienced this issue?

jonesj2

Yes this has happened before. I have a 2009 2900MK and the labels were placed improperly at each pull handle. I called Heartland and they sent me new labels for the entire camper, not just the pull handles. Just mark them and watch the indicator to tell which is which as you are dumping.

fdechaine

I had a somewhat similar problem but it was the wiring. When I filled my gray tank, it showed that the black was filling up. I know that both the gray and black are labeled correctly outside (flushed the black and the water came out as it was supposed to). Heartland told me which wires to swap and now all is well.

Me too with my 31RED. I emptied the "black" water and checked the sensor panel and it was still at 2/3 but the gray tank was empty, oops mix up on the labels.

crozb

I just picked up my 32qbss. It has (2) grey and (1) black tanks. The labels were mixed up on the front grey and black tanks.

Code3

gray water/waste water valves

Is the bathtub water supposed to dump into the sewage tank? Mine is doing that.

Code3

After you're reply it dawned on me that my valves are infact mislabled. Thanks Ray. I have emailed Heartland for new labels.

SmokeyBare

One of those clear sewer connections seems to be one way to know which tank your draining...

The Gray tank connected to the shower.... mostly runs clear looking water and mostly plenty of it... that is unless you've decided to leave it always opened when your connected to a sewer connection.

That makes the other Gray tank drain the kitchen... which in our case tends to be a little slower draining... and a little less clear looking water running through the clear sewer connection.

The Black Water tank... well.... it's probably never really BLACK Water flowing..... If it was I'd start to Worry !! But You'll soon figure out the color of that one draining through that clear connection as well.... :)

Marv

Code3

I have a total of 3 tanks on my North Trail: fresh water, gray water and waste water. Mine is labled wrong. According to the labels waste water is coming out of the gray water tank. Thank God it's not going in the fresh water tank!!

Tommy726

We just bought a 2011 31RED last month; had the same problem with mislabeled grey and black water levers - the labels were reversed. Discovered after I dumped black water into the portable rolling grey water tank and the sensor showed no change in grey water tank.

lucyloan

Our brand new 2013 North Trail 26LRSS (which is wonderful!) has mis-labeled grey & black drains. We use a clear connections, so it's pretty obvious if you'll pulled the wrong one, but it's confusing to always have to think about doing the reverse.

ZNK

With Heartland's customer service make sure you contact them, they will fix the problem as others have said by sending you the new labels. Easy fix.

AnnR

We have a 2011 Sundance 3200FK that has 2 gray tanks and a black tank - none were labeled at all! My poor hubby had the pleasure of guessing which was which, leaving one tank at a time open while I stood safely in the trailer running water from various locations! Luckily he guessed correctly and got the 2 gray tanks on the first two tries. (And we tried before anything seriously "black" was in the black tank.) Wait til I tell him they really were supposed to have labels!