Recommended maintenance on Gelcoat and Painted Cap

Dennyha

It's time to start thinking about maintenance on the exterior of my Cyclone. Do you use automotive wax, or something else, to protect the exterior?

brianlajoie

I just got back from a trip and had bugs all over the cap. I had been using a car wax, but I had to use dryer sheets to remove the bugs (and rewash and re-wax). Last fall I tried Liquid Glass just on the cap and this time all I needed was my shaggy sponge and the bugs came off by very easily.

MTPockets

Rejex... Www.rejex.com - best product to protect decals & finish... It is & does exactly what the web site says... I apply every 9 - 12 months - we're full time and in sun just about all the time, finish and decals like new, or better after 4 1/2 years... Check it out on the web

rhodies1

I have a bh3455 and have found 2 products sold at CW that work well. I use the gel coat wash and gel coat surface cleaner/wax on my unit. Protects well and the bugs wash off pretty easy. I wash my unit weekly so I suppose this helps keep the bugs to a minimum.I use the gel coat brand
, this also works well on my vehicles as well.

silvasp

Owner manual says any non-abrasive wax formulated for fiberglass.

- - - Updated - - -

Owner manual says any non-abrasive wax formulated for fiberglass.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Found Maguires Gold Class wax on the front cap really handles the road grime, bugs and rock chips very well. I use Turtle Wax ICE on the sides and rear cap. That stuff is awesome. Mirror smooth finish and goes on super easy.