Volume on TV

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I've been living with a problem ever since I purchased my 2015 Newport, and I'm sitting here thinking, "well you idiot, have you asked the forum for some suggestions?" So, now, I'm asking. -- Ever since we bought this unit, with the TV and sound bar mounted directly below it, I have had a problem hearing the TV. I know I'm hard of hearing, but I have to turn the TV into the 50's range in order to hear and when the air kicks in I usually have to go to the 80's range in order to understand what is being said. And that's with my hearing aids in. I do not notice any difference in the volume being generated when I turn the sound bar on. I've checked the wiring on the sound bar and it seems to be hooked up but even thought I know it's on, it doesn't give me any more volume than the TV.

What am I missing here (other than hearing what's being said). Anybody got any ideas?

Dean-Pam

Keith, I have the same issue and my solution is I ask Pam "what did they say?" :)

Can't wait to see you and Carol again at our next rally.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have trouble hearing ours too but do not have the soundbar. I finally realized the speakers are on the back of the TV pointing to the back of the TV (wrong way). I also realized when I turned the volume up loud enough to hear it disturbs the neighbors because the way the speakers point.

danemayer

Keith,

Seems like you're not sure if the soundbar is doing anything. Can you turn the TV volume down to find out whether the soundbar is actually working.

Roller4tan

My soundbar (Samsung) has a digital message box on the front that says "hello" , then "DTV" when it comes on. I don't use the tv volume and depending on the settings, it'll blow me out of the trailer. There are various menus on it to scroll thru such as movie,sports,theater volume and tone.

mytruc

I added a sound bar to my TV but I had to use the earphone jack on the TV. We get real good sound using it this way. The TV volume is not used.

2012 BigHorn
2006 Dodge Dually

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Two questions . . .

1) Does your sound bar have it's own remote control?

2) Is your sound bar wired to the TV or connected with Bluetooth?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Two questions . . .

1) Does your sound bar have it's own remote control?

2) Is your sound bar wired to the TV or connected with Bluetooth?

1. Yes
2. hard wired

- - - Updated - - -

Keith,

Seems like you're not sure if the soundbar is doing anything. Can you turn the TV volume down to find out whether the soundbar is actually working.
I should have tried that Dan. Didn't even think to try with the tv volume all the way down. Answer to your question -- No, no sound with tv sound down and soundbar on. When I turn the soundbar on I get the message "Hello" then "TV Ready" but no sound

- - - Updated - - -

Keith, I have the same issue and my solution is I ask Pam "what did they say?" :) I do a LOT of that. Then I get the "turn up your hearing aid" comments or just "The Stare" if you know what I mean.

Can't wait to see you and Carol again at our next rally.
Looking forward to Luray. It will be a fun time!

danemayer

Keith,

I don't know the specifics of the soundbar, but I'd suggest checking how it's connected to the TV and also checking if it has a choice of inputs - it might be set on the wrong input. You'll probably need to refer to the soundbar manual.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Sounds to me like you are going to have to figure out the correct volume settings of both the TV and the sound bar.

For example, I have our Vizio flat screen TV in our Prowler plugged in the the input jack on the front of the stereo in the trailer from the headphone jack of the TV.

This cuts out the TV speakers, so I then turn up the volume to between 1/3 and 1/2 total volume of the TV (even though it is not coming out of the speakers) and then turn up the volume of the stereo to about 1/2, which is plenty loud!

I then use the TV remote to adjust the volume for viewing and put the stereo remote in the cabinet so I don't have a bunch of remotes laying around.

This should work for your issue.