Forum veerrrrryyy sloooooow???

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Is anyone else seeing this problem:confused:. Once I click on a thread or click to post a reply it seems to take forever to respond. I've gotten an Internal server error today at 1:45 PM CST. Once the page connects, everything seems to load fine. It's the time it take to first respond that is taking so long.

jbeletti

Hi all,

It is not just you - it is everyone. When we moved to what was an awesome webhost, they added us to a new server cluster. That server cluster proved to be problematic. They worked with the hardware provider to remedy the latency we were experiencing and it helped but was not the cure. The webhost is now migrating accounts to another hardware platform by another vendor. This process is ongoing and we are feeling it today. We are hopeful that the pain we go through now will be worth it. Below is today's status on Blingy - the server cluster we are on.

Jim

Update 5-27: Problems have increased today unfortunately as our moves keep running. The problem is that after we move the data, we have a system that goes through and makes sure there was no lost data. So moving data essentially takes 3 times longer than your normal copy. With the wycliffe glob, the biggest glob in Blingy, this turned out to be a major issue as we are not actually removing the data from the server until the data is all moved over successfully. This means that even though data is moving, it is not freeing up the space we need for the problem file server to work correctly. So right now we are working on the accounts that have already moved, and pause the rest of the move so that we can move some smaller globs faster. So we are still running moves, we are just not removing data of the problem file server fast enough which is unfortunately causing the problems currently being experienced in the blingy cluster. We will get his calmed down as fast as we can and continue our efforts.

Severity: High
Resolved: No

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Clusters...big globs...small globs...blingy...is that all? I thought there was a problem or something! :) Glad Jim's got it all under control! :D

jnbhobe

Is anyone else having problems with the forum being real sloooooow ??? Every thing seems to take a long time to come up, for the last week or so. I also keep getting internal server errors. Jon :confused::confused::confused:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It's been a little sporadic for the last couple of days. Not near as bad as when I made this original post. We're currently running a Verizon USB Modem and I guess I just don't quite understand why the "speeds" vary so much. Weather? Clouds? Humidity? We're parked and have our antenna mounted with velcro. At times our download speeds are fantastic and at other times, very similar to a snail. Color me confused.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes, it's been so slow for about 3-4 days, even to the point that the system has timed out. That's real annoying cuz ya have to reboot. Glad to hear it's not just my computer.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I am not sure it is only the forum... I have been to other sites like Photobucket and my internet access is slow.. I also am having a hard time sending and receiving my email from the Go Daddy mail server.

Need to get me a new longer wire.. this one is getting hard to keep pulling....
New number is BR549 ...