Propane grill connection

rickylynne

We have a 2011 Sundance XLT 305ES and just bought a grill to use with the propane port by the door. It connects just fine and we opened the stopcock on the line, but don't seems to be getting any propane. Is there something else we need to do? We've tried it with both tanks engaged. There's no mention of it in the documentation. Would appreciate guidance.

skiph

We have a 2011 Sundance XLT 305ES and just bought a grill to use with the propane port by the door. It connects just fine and we opened the stopcock on the line, but don't seems to be getting any propane. Is there something else we need to do? We've tried it with both tanks engaged. There's no mention of it in the documentation. Would appreciate guidance.

I am sure others will say, but as I understand it, the propane port puts out a low pressure. Standard grills have a regulator that take the tank pressure and drop it down. So, if it is already low...you see the problem. I have "heard" some have taken the regulator off of the propane grill to get this to work.

I want to do the same thing. I want to get a Weber Q in place of the one North Trail included with my TT. Not worked up the gumption to try and "deregulate" it.

Dumboldles

I'm not sure this will help much but I added a quick connect gas line to my new BH. I use it with a three burner Camp Chef stove and works great...plenty of gas for a very strong flame.

Dumboldles

weekender01

I am sure others will say, but as I understand it, the propane port puts out a low pressure. Standard grills have a regulator that take the tank pressure and drop it down. So, if it is already low...you see the problem. I have "heard" some have taken the regulator off of the propane grill to get this to work.

I want to do the same thing. I want to get a Weber Q in place of the one North Trail included with my TT. Not worked up the gumption to try and "deregulate" it.

If you are connecting to a propane line past the regulator on your trailer propane tanks then yes it is low pressure. In order to use a Weber or similar brand grill you will need to remove the regulator on the grill and add a quick connect coupling so you can plug into the grill form the camper propane line. Lowes or Home Depot will have everything you need to do so. If you are using the grill supplied with the camper then it will most likley not have a regulator.

Do all your other appliances work on gas? The only thing I can think of is if you do not have a regualtor on the grill is that there may be air in the line that needs to be bled out.

pegmikef

Yes, it is a low pressure outlet. You can buy a select few low pressure grills. One that comes to mind is the Olympian 5500. I used one with my North Trail, and then added a regulator and still use is with my BH.