BH theater sitting table

DougS

Doug S
The BH theater seating has four cup holders in which I was able to attach a 15" removable table top to the two middle cup holders. I bought a 15" round pine ready board, cut a 3" slice off it and to the underside attached two columns if disks. These disks fit into existing cup holders. When not needed, table can be removed.
Pictures taken before stain and varnish. Picture with drill to show table will take weight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 305
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 306

BighornELK

Hey Doug,
We really like your table idea!! Now for the big question....will you be selling any?? Hope so...we'll be at the rally in Tennessee.

Happy and safe travels as always,

The Schurigs

farside291

I've got a new project! The cup holders won't hold a mug of coffee. We usually set the mugs between the cup holders and I am always worried the dogs will knock them over. Definitely will build this one. Great idea, thanks much.

DougS

Doug S
I've got a new project! The cup holders won't hold a mug of coffee. We usually set the mugs between the cup holders and I am always worried the dogs will knock them over. Definitely will build this one. Great idea, thanks much.

Farside, the pucks I used to fit into the cup holders were the waste material from drilling a 3" hole. The puck (waste material) is approx. 2 7/8" in diameter which I sanded down to fit. I then used the pucks (waste material) from drilling a 2 1/2" hole which I drilled about 1/4" off center to adjust to cup holder by turning pucks. To assemble I put the pucks in the cup holders and used double sided tape on top of them and then aligned the table, the assembly was then screwed to underside of table. By drilling the smaller pucks off center, they can be turned to tighten fit.

Oregon_Camper

The BH theater seating has four cup holders in which I was able to attach a 15" removable table top to the two middle cup holders. I bought a 15" round pine ready board, cut a 3" slice off it and to the underside attached two columns if disks. These disks fit into existing cup holders. When not needed, table can be removed.
Pictures taken before stain and varnish. Picture with drill to show table will take weight.

Heartland should make this an optional item. I would have bought it for sure.

farside291

Excellent, thank you very much. I was thinking of using a couple of old hockey pucks I have but I have to make sure they'll fit in the cup holders. If not nothing a file wouldn't take care of. Conveniently I have the stain and varnish left over from my ceiling mod. The table should finish nice.

Mean-Jean

Hi Doug, just curious if you stained the table to match the existing cabinetry and if so what color was it? Thanx for another mod idea.

Last edited: