washer/drier

mike

Mike
If Scott is listing do you know if there is a way to put a stackable washer/drier unit in a Big Horn 3655?

Mike

tcbrady

Unfortunately, you can not put a stackable washer/dryer in any BIGHORN units. You can, however, use a washer/dryer combo unit. Each BIGHORN comes standard with washer/dryer prep.

mike

Mike
Thanks for the reply!
That should be something to look at in the future, my wife would rather a stack unit even if it meant removing the shelf above.. She likes the idea of washing and dring at the same time..

Mike

Scott

Option for Creative People...

We had a guy who owned a Heartland and wife felt the same way - so... he modified his bedroom slide-out wardrobe by adding a few inches to the width so he could accomodate a stand alone dryer. He ran the vent out out the side of the slide-room, ordered a larger cabinet door for his new cabinet and now his wife is able to both wash and dry at the same time.

We have seen a whole lot of creative cabinetry work completed in sold coaches - as everybody kind of wants to make it their "own". Those of you who have modified your Heartlands - even if it was just a simple little thing - ought to take pictures and post them up here on forum so others might be able to consider your ideas.

Just a thought.

ST

davebennington

I am far from an expert, and I have not measured yet, is it possible to split the stack unit and put the dryer in the bay under the tv and the washer in the walk in closet area or the other way around.. It looks like you would have to route the hoses through the wall but that doesn't seem to be a big deal. (IMHO)

Dave:)

mike

Mike
Well I will be getting my Big Horn on Saturday 11/05/05 I will have to do some looking at but in the Big Horn you do not have a wardrobe on the slide unfortunitly. Another thing need at least some kind on bedside table not the little chinky shelf..

Mike

davebennington

Mike

Do you have a front wardrobe that is big enough for 1/2 of a stack unit? It has been awhile since I looked at the Bighorn. Either case I am sure you will enjoy it alot. Happy camping.

Dave:)

tcbrady

We do not have a wardrobe closet in any BIGHORN units. We decided to take the wardrobe closet out of the unit so you could have a window on both sides of the bed - better for cross ventialtion of fresh air. Most customers that we talked to demanded a window on each side of the bed instead of the wardrobe closet since there was so much storage in our walk-in closet.

Thanks, Coley

Thanks, Coley

mike

Mike
Coley, Again thanks for the reply

Makes since to me just would be nice in my case for additional storage.

Mike

ssutcliff

washer/dryer

I have to disagree with tcbrady's post. I have a 2008 Bighorn 3600RE and I have a stackable washer and dryer. The closet next to the stool room was already prepped for this when I purchased it new.