Severe fading of gel coat front filon 2014 Wilderness 2750RL

CIAI

This 2014 travel trailer was garage kept for its first 18 months. It now looks terrible due to severe fading on sandstone colored gel coat front filon. On the forum I saw where Heatland assisted some owners with this repair. On February 11, 2016 Customer Service tells me, "Unfortunately based on the date the unit was purchased we will not be able to assist in repair of the front filon."
The mobile wash, wax, and detailing professionals can not believe the travel trailer is just 2 years old and has deteriorated so quickly. Since Heartland has known about the gel coat fade problem I believe they should take some responsibility.

danemayer

Hi CIAI,

A few years ago, some owners of 2011 builds with front and rear cap fading, posted about getting post-warranty assistance to have the caps repainted. That's probably what you've seen on the forum. Other 2011 owners reported more recently that whatever assistance may have been given earlier was no longer available. So having asked about a limited 2011 situation, the answer you got about your 2014 trailer isn't too surprising. Whatever problem you have is unrelated to the 2011 problem.

You might want to call Heartland again to discuss the possible causes of your problem. It's possible that if Heartland agrees that the fading is abnormal, they might also agree to help you. I don't know if you have already sent pictures, but if the person at the other end of the call can clearly see the problem, it makes for a more productive discussion.