Emergency Window replacement

danemayer

Hi capbenedict,

If you replaced the emergency exit window you'd be creating a serious safety issue. If a fire prevents you from getting to the door, you'll have no way out of the coach. While not all that common, RV fires do happen, and the fire spreads pretty quickly. You could need that emergency exit one day.

You might also be creating a resale/trade-in problem for the future.

I doubt very much that Heartland or the window manufacturer would be willing to help you undo a safety feature.

Bones

Anything can be replaced if you can get the same size. On another note I wouldn't recommend it. It is there to help you escape if something unfortunate would happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Dan your quick

I understand the need for the Emergency Exit window so I am looking for a Emergency Exit window with a slide and screen in it. I would like some ventilation in the bedroom

Danemayer, thank you. I just contacted them and they advised me to get a model 8730 window and provided a contact for it.

Great stuff on the forum.

Enjoy the road

Follow up. The window I will be ordering is a 5990 model, vertical slide with Emergency Exit Release. It will be about $700 which is not cheap but it will fully meet my needs for ventilation and exit capability.