Golf Outing: Heartland North Central Regional Rally: IL, Chatham

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
This thread will be for information for the golf outing at the Heartland North Central Regional Rally in Chatham, IL.

Subscribe to this thread using the "thread tools" above, and keep checking back for more information.

Current list of golfers:

1. Bob Sims (arriving 6/13/16, departing 6/20/16)
  2. Dave Campbell (arriving 6/14/16, departing 6/20/16)
  3. Craig McKeever (arriving 6/13/16, departing 6/19/16)
  4. Jim Heibeck (arriving 6/12/16, departing 6/19/16)
  5. Roger Terlunen (arriving 6/13/16, departing 6/19/16)
  6. Gerry Atkinson (arriving 6/13/16, departing 6/20/16)
  7. Tom Combs (arriving 6/14/16, departing ??)
  8. Dennis Bailey (arriving 6/14/16, departing 6/17/16)
  9. Dave Hromek (arriving 6/13/16, departing ??)

We will be playing at Pipers Glen which is about 15-20 minutes away.

Cost will be $25 per person that includes greens fees and carts.

Pipers Glen was Voted 2015 “Best Public Golf Course” in Springfield, IL by readers of the State Journal-Register. Recognized by Golf Digest as a “Top 50 Under $50” course.

I have three tee times as of May 4th for June 15th at 9:40a, 9:50a & 10:00a.

Feel free to reply to this thread, email me, or PM me (simsfmly) on the forum.

Thanks again for playing!

Last edited:

simsfmly

Would like to thank everyone for their patience while my life got settled down (a bit). Hoping to get some solid details going by the end of this week.

I'm targeting Wednesday the 15th around 9:30a for the outing. Will post here and on the Regional Rally Site when things are all confirmed.

Thanks again.

ncc1701e

Put me down for golf if you would. Moved reservations by a day to be there on the 14th. Thanks Tom

simsfmly

Thanks for all your input on the format.

We'll figure out drivers/riders & teams Wednesday morning (want to make sure everyone is in) somewhere for breakfast. We'll need three vehicles in my opinion, I'll drive one of them. We should leave between 9:00a & 9:15a.

We'll play our own ball.

$1/man for "greenies" on the par 3's.

Forecast right now is 60% chance of rain, 70% humidity. Let's hope it "scatters" around us.

Looking forward to it!

simsfmly

Big day is tomorrow. Unconfirmed that we'll be having coffee and donuts from 7a - 9a, but I hope to confirm that later today. We'll need to leave around 9a.

I'll be around to your site this afternoon or this evening and make sure everyone is here and onboard. I'm in site P109 if you're in the neighborhood.

Still need two people to drive tomorrow that can mule two other guests and their clubs.

Going to be a hot one, make sure you hydrate. Don't need anyone to "stroke" out tomorrow.

Looking forward to it.