TST 507 Saved The Day

rxbristol

I turned on the TST this morning to check the tires and the alarm went off. The left rear tire had lost 40 psi. I installed the spare and took the flat down to Discount Tire for repair. The valve steam was leaking...it was loose. I came back and tightened all the valve stems. I wonder if there is a particular torque valve for them? I now have a monitor on my spare as well.

Flat.jpg

Last edited:

DougS

Doug S
I had the same problem a couple of years ago coming down a large mountain into Montrose, CO. I watched the pressure on the TST screen and was able to get to a safe area, tighten the valve stem, and add air from my air compressor. I now do an annual check to tighten the nuts on the valve stems. I just use a socket wrench a tighten the nut with finger tips not fully gripping the wrench. I don't know where you would find PSI.
Another thing to watch is to replace the small washer in the TST sender where it screws onto the stem, I just lost 30 pounds while sitting in a site on brand new tires.

Bogie

There is nothing like having real time instrumentation to keep you posted on the status of your tire pressure and temp. That's why TST was the first thing I bought to add to my coach.