Securing Residential Fridge

im_1406

Last season our residential refrigerator broke free from our slide wall L-bracket. I later realized the front leveling feet were never lowered and therefore sitting on 4 wheels from the factory (of course it broke free!!) I reattached it with larger diameter self tappers and installed some oak quarter-round in front of the feet. You can only see the oak strip when the freezer is open. Hopefully this holds it in place!! I can never get photos to load correctly from my Mac....sorry for the sideways images!

IMG_1893.jpgIMG_1894.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

rxbristol

I installed a residential fridge and use two different brace techniques. One, I installed wood between the top of the fridge and the slide-out so the fridge cannot "jump". Second, I installed marine grade stainless rings on the solid wood near the fridge and then use ratchet type webbing to secure the fridge from "walking" out of the hole. The rings double has towel rings. We've been over some rough roads lately and even when everything else seemed to find new locations in the RV, the fridge stayed put--I'm happy with my system.

im_1406

Well.....back to the drawing board. My fridge stayed in place with the quarter round oak strip. However, after our first trip out the L-bracket screws at the top of the fridge are already coming loose from the wall.

mlpeloquin

If you have access, drill them out to fit the closest size wooden dowel. Epoxy the dowels in and use a flush cutting saw to cut the dowel off. Reinstall the screws. You can also try the next size screw first.

As to the I-phone, I too have had problems. I think it is related to the orientation the phone is in when the picture is taken. The MAC computers know the orientation and adjust. The PC's well.....

im_1406

The dowel / epoxy is a great idea. I was hoping a larger gauge screw would get the job done (fail). I just don't think there is much "bite" in the wall behind the fridge.