Stackable dryer removal

lukeysh

Have a landmark Arlington with splendide stackable w/d factory installed. It's in closet next to shower. Any idea if vent hose is long enough to remove dryer as I cant get behind it without it all way out of closet. It's under warranty but I may have to do replacement myself as we're in an area without RV dealers or mobile repair.

rxbristol

It should be, but if it's not and the hose is damaged when you pull the dryer out, it will be a good time to install a longer hose.

TxCowboy

Agree with Rex. Install longer hoses and I also suggest installing water cutoffs on those hoses that you can reach without having to remove the stackables again.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
This thread I'd five years old I don't know if you will get a reply from the OP.
But you will most likely have to remove the doors from the w/d closet.
If you have the Splendide brand then remove the plastic panel on the bottom front to reveal the attacking hardware.
You will figure it out from there.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

On our 2011, which had stacked Splendide units from the factory, there were brackets on either side holding the washer and dryer together. Removing the one closest to the exterior wall was difficult. A very small rachet driver did the trick.

The dryer is pretty easy to move as it's very light weight. The washer is much harder as it's quite heavy. Put heavy cardboard across the bed and you can slide/drag it across.

And yes, the doors to the washer/dryer had to come off. On our 2011, the path from bedroom to kitchen went through 2 pocket doors in and out of the bathroom. I'm not sure we could have gone directly out the bedroom door and down the steps.

It may be possible to tilt the washer on its back to work on it, after the dryer is out of the way.

southernlady5464

On our 2017 Charleston, no door removal necessary. And the clips holding it are front and back. Hubby and can get it in and out but cussing is a given.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a link to Splendide's download page. Link
There you will find instructions for the stack kit and how the appliances are held together for stacking.

Peace
Dave

Routemaster

So no reason to take out the shelf, see the drain at the front? job to get the plate off and I take it the 3 screws to be removed first then the dryer slides forward?.
One has to search old threads to find stuff. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1031.JPG
    IMG_1031.JPG
    398.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1029.JPG
    IMG_1029.JPG
    437.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1030.JPG
    IMG_1030.JPG
    374.9 KB · Views: 27

Routemaster

Removed three screws the dryer will move side to side but there is not enough room to lift it up and out because of the shelf above it as in the picture 1031 can not see any screws how to take out the shelf?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
To remove that shelf you will need to remove the "floor" of the shelf. It's held on by small staples. Take a fine blade and pry it up.
Once removed you will see screws holding the shelf to the wall.
I have some pics somewhere from when I removed my shelf.
I will look for and post them if you want.

Peace
Dave

Routemaster

Hey Dave. pics are good. I was just looking to see if I buy a small slide hammer perhaps with a small screw in to the wood out of site and pull yes?
Den

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I made a tool from some thin metal. I'll post a pic of that as well.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
As promised here are a couple pics of the shelf removal.
Homemade tool, shelf floor removal, screw holding shelf frame to wall.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• 20150428_105312.jpg
    20150428_105312.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20150428_105348.jpg
    20150428_105348.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20150428_105523.jpg
    20150428_105523.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 23

Routemaster

As you can see I got the dryer out I removed the threshold with the crinkle nails.
Using Cookies idea for a tool to get the top shelf up to get at the dryer.

Attachments

• IMG_1044.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG
    608 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    475 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1033.JPG
    IMG_1033.JPG
    394 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1040.JPG
    IMG_1040.JPG
    331 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1041.JPG
    IMG_1041.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1042.JPG
    IMG_1042.JPG
    236.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1043.JPG
    IMG_1043.JPG
    438.9 KB · Views: 22

Routemaster

1043 my drip tray drain outlet is in the front fitting there goes up hill!! and that boss should be in the left hand corner at the back, It made it awkward to get the drain plug unscrewed. So which way are your tray set in?

Routemaster

I installed the new pump in the washer but this one still makes the same noise when on empty is that normal? no grinding sound now though.