3950 Fuel system problems

We got our Cyclone 3950 about 2 months ago and this weekend the gas station would not work in it. We would push the switch and the light would come on for about 10 seconds then shut off. Anyone have this problem or know what I can do. If its a easy fix I'll do it but if not we got to pay 300 bucks in gas to take it to the dealer. Thanks for any help.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I have not yet tried my pump - but I will tonight when I get back to the Cyclone. I'll let you know then - I'm working late tonight, so it will be late. I do know that my gauge does not work. I put about 20 gallons in the tank and it still registers EMPTY. I have only run my generator 18 hours, so I'm sure there is still lots of fuel in the tank. Dealer said the tank will have to be removed to repair it.

The switch should stay 'lit' for about 15 minutes, allowing the pump to operate during that time. I don't know where the timer is, whether it is attached to the switch or separate from it. I'll do some checking and get back with you.

mr8118

Did you turn the silver switch on the pump on? It must be on, as well as the pump switch inside of the cyclone to work. The switch is located on the left side of the pump inside of the fuel access door.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
My pump worked fine; I haven't yet checked for the location of the timer...but I will and post again. :)

Jett

I'm having the exact same problem with my 3210 -- I suspect the 3210 and 3950 have the same fuel system.

My system worked fine the last time I used it -- last fall, but now it cuts-off after less than 30 seconds. I suspect the problem is in the timed relay system, but I'm not sure. I guess it could have something to do with the pump, but I doubt it. I was thinking about by-passing the timed relay system and just installing a separate switch between the battery and the pump.