Looking for recommendation on an inverter

Sweenja1

I want to put an inverter in my 2016 Heartland Bighorn 3760EL. I want to install an inverter in my Bighorn so I can use my TV, DVR, and use outlets while on battery power. I would like to put in a 2000 watt pure sine inverter/charger. Any recommendations on brands and how many charging amps I need? I've noticed they come with any where from 30 to 100 charging amps?

szewczyk_john

I am currently installing a Magnum Industries ME2512. I made my mind up to use this company's products based off of research and the answers that they provided to me about my usage and needs. There are a lot of opinions on this subject and I even spoke to some installers who have no idea what they are doing. For example, a solar guy I spoke to told me that there is no reason to use 2/0 wire or larger and that he didn't think over-protection fuses on the positive side of the inverter line was necassary.

wdk450

I bought a no-name 1500 watt (big enough to run the microwave) pure sine wave inverter off of E-Bay, but have used it very little. I increased my battery bank to 4 batteries. I wired the AC output of the inverter through the transfer switch that was already installed in my trailer with the generator prep option. I wired an external On-Off switch to the inverter, and mounted the switch at my inside control panel. I wired in a 200 amp fuse in the DC wiring to the inverter. I depend on the existing charger/converter to charge the batteries. I make sure to turn OFF the converter/charger AC circuit breaker when running the inverter, so I don't use the battery capacity to try to CHARGE the batteries at the same time.

At the time I installed the inverter system I was thinking that I would be boondocking some. My plans have changed and I stay in parks with shorepower now exclusively. I have only used the system a couple of times when I did Walmart park for a night, and when a storm took out the power for several hours at the RV park I was staying at.

Bogie

I use a Royal Power 1500 watt pure sine inverter. Runs everything except the AC. Got it on Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk