Adeco Cover and fitting my North Trail

Mattman

So I purchased an Adeco cover for my 28brs to help protect it from the UV. I had the same type of cover for my old Mini Lite. I thought it fit my mini lite well so I had no hesitation to buy another. Problem is the much more rounded nose cap seems to leave a lot of extra slop on the top. So the wind effects it a lot more than in my old rig. Also the bottom panels are semi free floating so it's not a matter of synching the strap down tight. Has anyone encountered this as well and found a good solution?

My thoughts are sewing in the front flaps some to match the front curve. But not sure what to do about pulling the straps down tight with out damaging the skirting in the bottom of the trailer.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
There are so few people on this forum that actually use a cover due to, among other things, the damage to the finish caused by a loose cover and the wind. I think if I were you I would call the company that made your cover and see if there is a solution. IMO if you keep it clean, wax it a couple times a year, treat the plastic and rubber with something like 303 Aerospace protectant, and check your caulking often, you do not need a cover.

F_Goose

Hi Mattman,
Kudos to you for covering your NT. I know not many do cover their rigs, but maybe it's due to unwillingness or unable to get onto the roof. I completely believe in covering due to the UV and what it does to the finish. We looked at several used 26lrss units 2-3 years old and the finish was so damaged and faded we decided to buy new. Glad we did.

When we bought our cover we first bought on the long range in length. It was too baggy so we returned it and ordered the next size smaller. Even then we have enough extra to either cover the spare tire in back or the propane tanks in front. We use the end straps to take up the extra slack and keep it tight. The wind doesn't seem to be an issue. The straps underneath are snug and holds the cover on well. Sewing the top corners may help to give it a more custom fit.

The cover will help your NT look great and keep it cleaner for years longer than always exposed to the sun. We wash and wax it then cover it and it still looks clean and waxed months later when we're ready to use it again. It also will protect the roof, and ac covers and other plastics from aging too.
Enjoy!

happykraut

There are so few people on this forum that actually use a cover due to, among other things, the damage to the finish caused by a loose cover and the wind.
I totally agree with Shortest Straw. On a previous rig after one season my dealer could tell that I kept it covered. Never again. You just can't keep them tight enough to keep the cover from flapping in the wind.