Maiden Voyage 2016 NT 22RBK. Great success!

skiph

I posted some pictures in an album, but not sure how to share. So going to put a few here. I hope.

IMG_1759.jpg
The Bosses.
IMG_1808.jpg
Life is good.
IMG_1810.jpg
Guadalupe River State Park. 03/20/2016 - 03/23/2016.

Only couple of issues found. A/C is a bit noisy. Fan sounds like it might have a bearing loose. When diverted from the main A/C to the vents, there is a pronounced whistle. And one light over the bed refuses to work. Not burned out, just won't function. We'll wait a month or two, make up our list and take it back to the dealer. A couple of minor fit issues. But all things seem to work.

The gas grill that comes with the 22RBK is a Mickey Mouse POS. Has 3 handles and each handle is made up of 15 separate pieces. I mean, really!? I make this NOT up! But it DOES work. My Weber Smokey Joe will get a lot of use, I figure. Got a butane gas burner for Christmas. That too will see some duty.

We could not have had a better time. Hiked here, and using it as our base, also at Pedernales Falls State Park, and Blanco State Park. Both bosses approved of the trip. ;)

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Looks like you had a great time!! Sorry you had some issues, but I have yet to find any RV that does not have a couple of issues on the first couple trips. I also use a Weber and like it better than our supplied grill that came with our SOB 3 rigs ago.

Rod

skiph

Looks like you had a great time!! Sorry you had some issues, but I have yet to find any RV that does not have a couple of issues on the first couple trips. I also use a Weber and like it better than our supplied grill that came with our SOB 3 rigs ago.

Rod

Truly I/we expected "some" issues. Would have wondered otherwise. It was a trip of exploration and, as such, was 100% successful.

skiph

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I love my X-chocks!

The only issue with them is that if you put them between the tires right when you get to your parking spot, once the tires cool off you have to retighten them.

And then the next day check them again.

I still put my regular chocks or 4x4 wood blocks (if I have leveling blocks under the tires) by the tires as backup.