ATF: Mallard - M28 Switches and Outdoor Sink

There are four switches upon entering the M28. One for living area lights, one for bedroom lights, one for the outdoor porch yellow light, and another switch that I have no idea what it does. What does the 4th switch operate?

My water pump with the fresh water holding tank works great for the kitchen sink, bathroom sink, shower, toilet, and outdoor shower, but the outdoor kitchen sink does not work. When I open the faucets, a trickle of water comes out, but the pump does not turn on, and there is no water flow. How do I get this sink to work?

danemayer

Hi falconair07,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Hopefully another Mallard owner will see your post and jump in with answers. In the meantime, let me take some wild guesses.

Extra mystery light switches are sometimes for a light under the exterior steps, or perhaps to control an outlet on the side wall. The side wall outlet (if you have one) would let you plug in a string of lights and turn them on or off from inside.

I notice on the M28 floor plan that the outside sink is on the other side of the wall from the bathroom sink. Just a guess, but I'd suggest taking a look under the bathroom sink to see if there are cutoff valves to the outside sink, or if maybe the lines are kinked.

Thanks for the tips. The light switch is for awning LEDs, and I couldn't remember because there wasn't enough room to extend the awning at the PDI, and I didn't have it extended now either. Still have to work on the outdoor sink though.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thanks for the tips. The light switch is for awning LEDs, and I couldn't remember because there wasn't enough room to extend the awning at the PDI, and I didn't have it extended now either. Still have to work on the outdoor sink though.

I call our awning LED lights 'The Beacon' because when they are on at night they light up the whole campground!

ProwlerFlagsJuly4-P1000235.jpg

It isn't even dark yet and they still light up the picnic table! :cool:

M28owner

Thanks for your post. I had the same issue. I can't extend my awning right now cause of the trees. I never found what that last switch went to. My outdoor sink isn't working either. Assumed it worked with the water pump only. Did you find what was causing it to just trickle?

I still have not solved the outdoor sink issue. It does not work with the fresh water tank and water pump OR with a hose connected. Even the outdoor shower works under both conditions. I also pulled panels under the kitchen sink and the bathroom sink to look for kinked hoses and/or a valve to open or close and found nothing. The only thing I found was a black rectangular cap on some pex pipes under the bathroom sink, but I'm assuming thats just an over pressure or air vent?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Have you tried removing/cleaning the aerator on the faucet spout? Maybe the screen is clogged with construction debris?

The black rectangular thing is probably a backflow prevention valve. Post a pic and we can confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M28owner

Have you tried removing/cleaning the aerator on the faucet spout? Maybe the screen is clogged with construction debris?

The black rectangular thing is probably a backflow prevention valve. Post a pic and we can confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is exactly what was wrong with mine. I just saw the above post. The sales mngr from camping world did his 1 mo checkup call. Told him about the out door sink. He said to unscrew the aerator from the faucet spout to check for trash. That's exactly what was wrong. There was a bunch of plastic debri from installation. It works fine now.

I'll try that next time I visit the rig. I made some weak attempts to unscrew it initially but wasn't able to get it off easily.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
That is exactly what was wrong with mine. I just saw the above post. The sales mngr from camping world did his 1 mo checkup call. Told him about the out door sink. He said to unscrew the aerator from the faucet spout to check for trash. That's exactly what was wrong. There was a bunch of plastic debris from installation. It works fine now.

We had that exact problem with the kitchen sink in our Prowler when we first got it.

Had just a trickle of water coming out . . . found a bunch of small pieces of plastic in the aerator . . . cleaned it out and got good water pressure!