Dryer Vent Hose Install

lukeysh

Have a new Landmark Arlington with Splendide Ariston stackable w/d. Dryer had electrical failure. Splendide is sending new one. Factory installed initially and based on length of dryer hose, it's obvious they set in place before enclosing in closet. Can't reach after installed. New dryer hose will need to be long enough to attach before setting in place. Any good thoughts on how to keep vent hose from sagging/dropping behind washer, causing a low point for lint collection,,,,or is this not an issue. Help appreciated.

lynndiwagoner

I wouldn't think that would be a big problem. I don't think the lint gets in the hose like the house units. I haven't seen any lint on the outside vent on my Splendide.

mlpeloquin

I haven't see any lint out of mine, but I have the washer/dryer combo with external vent. I do run a lot of water by taking a shower and drain after washing and drying. I have see what looks like lint in the gray water before doing so. This seems to flush most of it out.

BandGun

I just placed a combo unit in my cyclone and have not drilled the vent hole yet. I did run a load through for testing the unit and draped the vent hose out of the garage door. I saw lint being discharged.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Have a new Landmark Arlington with Splendide Ariston stackable w/d. Dryer had electrical failure. Splendide is sending new one. Factory installed initially and based on length of dryer hose, it's obvious they set in place before enclosing in closet. Can't reach after installed. New dryer hose will need to be long enough to attach before setting in place. Any good thoughts on how to keep vent hose from sagging/dropping behind washer, causing a low point for lint collection,,,,or is this not an issue. Help appreciated.

Consider the rigid (but flexible) metal style used in homes, rather than the metallic plastic style. Here is ours, it's compressed now, but when pulled out it can be up to 8 ft I think.

9e9df874c1a9bf9b84dc854cafdd3723.jpg

huntur

Attach the vent hose to the back of the dryer. Take off the vent from the outside of the rig.Run the vent hose out through the the hole through the wall. As you put the dryer into place pull remainder of the hose out through the wall. When you have all the excess pulled through cut it off with enough to attach to the outside vent. Then reattach to outside of coach.
This will leave no sagging for lint to build up in .

MCTalley

You can do an "up and over" like we did. Doesn't look the best, but it doesn't have a low point. Our dryer puts a decent amount of lint out the vent.

img_7714.jpg