TST Sensors read low?

kdubinwa

I aired up my 4 trailer wheels to exactly 110 psi. I was checking psi with my two different truck tire gauges. Those gauges agreed within a 1 lb.

I screwed my new TST sensors on and they are reading 2 tires at 106 and 2 tires at 105. I lost virtually zero air installing the sensors.

Since I also recently compared my digital truck gauge to the gauge used by the dealer to air up on delivery and (they matched at 110 psi) I'm wondering why the TST sensors seem to be reading consistently low by 4-5 psi?

Thoughts? Your experience?
Kurt

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have found that to get the pressures to 110 you have to start with more air than 110. It is nearly impossible to put the sensors on without losing some air. Even though it seems that way.

danemayer

I've got the TST sensors and several gauges. The gauge I use most often needs to read 115 if I want the TST and the other gauge to read 110. Of course none have been calibrated to a known good test unit so who knows which one is right.

mlpeloquin

At 110 PSI a lot more air escapes than you think. I finally go 6 psi over and then put the sensor on ASAP. If the pressure reads high, I back the sensor off and let some air out. A couple of times uasually gets it.

avvidclif

The TST are spec'ed at +/- 1.5 PSI and your other gauges are probably about the same.

Confucious say "A man with one watch knows what time it is, a man with 2 is never sure" And you have 8-9!

Just know they read different and don't worry about it. Concentrate on things you can do something about, like making sure the sun comes up in the East in the morning...

Nbomar

I have 12 tst sensors. 6 on my TV and 6 on my trailer. All 12 read approximately 9-10lbs low. No matter how much air it says I have, I have 10 more. I just know that now, but it is frustrating. I called tst and got somewhat of a run around on what it might be and tests they wanted me to do so I just said screw it and have ran them that way ever since I bought them. I had 4 of the internal sensors for awhile also. They read 10lbs low as well. It isn't a matter of losing air when you screw the sensor on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk