Cost of Electrical Power

SilverRhino

For the first time since being retired we will be staying at a park in the Texas Hill Country that will be charging us a monthly rate "plus electricity". At this time of year we will most likely not be running our AC and we do not have a washer/dryer.

About how how much power should we anticipate using in a month?? Just trying to get a ballpark figure.

Thanks for any assistance.

gasman

Camp Socializer
We are wintering in Phoenix in a park that does not charge extra for power. We are told, however, that power is about $100/month this time of year.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
$100 per month for electricity sonds like a good ballpark figure but keep in mind that each RV park has to negotiate their rates for electricity. Some are higher than others and they are not allowed to add any fees to the rate charged by the utility company.

AAdams

Where we are at it is 15 cents a kwh. We do not open windows much and rather run the air. During the winter some days we ran the furnace at night and air during the day... for the month of March we used 456 kwh or $68.40. This summer we will be at the same park and I expect to be quite a bit higher, at least double, to 2.5 times since we will be in TX and I like it as comfortable as I can get it in the coach.

Correction: That should have been for the month of February not March. We paid March rent and February electric.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are paying 13 cents a kWh in west central TX. Will see in a few days how it was for March.

Jan and Feb ran around $100 a mo. But Jan was our previous ElkRidge, and Feb was the new Big Country. March we ran the air some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

Peach Country RV park in Stonewall,TX. In the Hill Country. Very nice park,real clean and well run. Monthly rate includes electricity...Don