Side lamp on wall not working - removing old bulbs

maldam

We have a Heartland 30RKS North Country. We have a small light between the dinette and the sofa. Fixed to wall. Small lampshade. Unscrew top, take lampshade off. Two cylinders appear, about 4" high. Bulbs in tops. They have blown. How do we remove bulbs ? Have tried pushing down and twisting - no good. Have tried just twisting - no good. Advice please ! Thanks.

mlpeloquin

If this is the wall sconce, I replaced my incandescent bulbs with LED's. Much cooler and good for 50 thousand hours. Some of the bulbs pull out. This may be one of them. You actually don't have to remove the shade to grasp them and pull. That is so long as you can look over the shade to align the new bulb(s).

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Those bulbs should come out by pushing down and twisting. Might take a little force, though. They have a double contact on the base, not a single like the 1141 bulbs, so be sure you get the correct LED replacement. Except for the outside security lights, I replaced all of mine with LEDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maldam

Got them out ! Pushing down a bit, then twisting clockwise and pulling out. Will try to get the LEDS. THANKS VERY MUCH ! Mac & Chris. Tucson, AZ