Differences between RW and Cyclone for Full Timers

Hogladyrider

We currently have a 3875FB that we live in full time.

We are "considering" a toy hauler as we have a Gold Wing.

We are full time Florida residents, both retired, own an RV lot in the Ocala, FL area and winter here and travel out of Florida in the summer.

We love our 3875FB, the only item I am not pleased with is the whisper quiet AC I personally think is noisy and it NEVER shuts off.

I am wondering what are the differences between the Road Warrior and Cyclone regarding fit and finish, it seems difficult to compare on paper.

We want to stay in the 42-44' range in length. I do not see a price list on the Cyclone 3611JS and the RW 362 on the posted MSRP listings here.Susan

Thanks in advance.
Gary & Susan

Nbomar

I think at this point it's just color and material options. I think originally the road warrior started as the "Denali" and the cyclone was the "escalade" if you know what I mean. I have a road warrior and am quite happy with it. If I change it will be to a class A pusher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim-Lynn

We currently have a 3875FB that we live in full time.

We are "considering" a toy hauler as we have a Gold Wing.

We are full time Florida residents, both retired, own an RV lot in the Ocala, FL area and winter here and travel out of Florida in the summer.

We love our 3875FB, the only item I am not pleased with is the whisper quiet AC I personally think is noisy and it NEVER shuts off.

I am wondering what are the differences between the Road Warrior and Cyclone regarding fit and finish, it seems difficult to compare on paper.

We want to stay in the 42-44' range in length. I do not see a price list on the Cyclone 3611JS and the RW 362 on the posted MSRP listings here.Susan

Thanks in advance.
Gary & Susan

Susan;

As far as pricing goes, as you could well imagine it is all over the board depending on the dealer. When we bought our Cyclone 4200 we looked at a lot of toy haulers. What we found between the RW & Cyclone was some of the options on the RW were standard on the Cyclone and we found better standard features on the Cyclone, NOW THIS WAS OUR OPINION. We haul a Harley in the garage and sometimes two, and would not even know they were there. My suggestion, if you are serious, go and look at the Cyclone & RW, chances are you will not find at the same dealer, but it would be well worth the trip for you to compare the two rigs.

Jim

Aandaar

Susan

My wife and I are getting setup for full time (Feb 2018). We also want to bring the bike with us.

However the wife is rather picky and just does not like toy haulers. So we are considering the Idaho Tote for the back.

Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

Sniper

Susan

My wife and I are getting setup for full time (Feb 2018). We also want to bring the bike with us.

However the wife is rather picky and just does not like toy haulers. So we are considering the Idaho Tote for the back.

Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie
Not wanting to hi jack the thread, but may I ask why your wife does not like toy haulers? :)

Sarge

I think at this point it's just color and material options. I think originally the road warrior started as the "Denali" and the cyclone was the "escalade" if you know what I mean. I have a road warrior and am quite happy with it. If I change it will be to a class A pusher.

Comperably equipt it seems the Cyclone is about $4500 more expensive.

I was all set to pick up a 3611JS until the dealer started messing around -

Now I'm considering the RW.

The money saved is a PITA (Pain In The A) bonus......

I put a call into AJ Jones to get clarification of the difference and will report back here.

Thanx, Sarge

Hogladyrider

Truth be told I was not originally a fan of toyhauler lack of living space. However after purchasing our 3611JS Cyclone in April and having lived in it full time since then I LOVE having a toyhauler.

We purchased our from the same dealer we purchased our previous 2 Big Horn 5th wheels from Lakeshore RV in Michigan.

We traded our 2016 3275FB Big Horn for our Cyclone and we like it much better! We have only a rear patio as an extra and we sit out there EVERY day.

IronJ

The dealer tried HARD to sell us a 4200 because it was in stock...(compared to the rw 420)...

I think a lot of the std stuff on cyclone is optional...

It seemed a lil more "polished"..(kitchen back splash, etc was fancier)..

In the end we hated the kitchen set up and I will not buy a rig that the tv makes you crane your neck to watch.....

As for price it was really a moot point.....honestly the deal on the 4200 was cheaper than the 420 I had to hunt down...and drive to get...

But if your spending that much $$ get the rig that fits YOUR Best interests and uses...some people would have jumped on the 4200 deal....I'm not a big fan of saving what amounts to drops in the bucket on things that are big issues to me...(the living room on the 420 feels WAY more open)

Either way you go they are great units!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

IronJ

I did not, as that plan was not available when I was buying...

I definantly may have considered it had it were .....the couch to tv to patio layout is same...only real difference is bedroom..maybe more closet space but we haven't had any issues with that....lots of room (no washer and dryer)

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Sarge

Truth be told I was not originally a fan of toyhauler lack of living space. However after purchasing our 3611JS Cyclone in April and having lived in it full time since then I LOVE having a toyhauler.

We purchased our from the same dealer we purchased our previous 2 Big Horn 5th wheels from Lakeshore RV in Michigan.

We traded our 2016 3275FB Big Horn for our Cyclone and we like it much better! We have only a rear patio as an extra and we sit out there EVERY day.

Agreed. Signed papers today on the Road Warrior version of the 3611JS. (362RW)

Virtually identical except for cosmetic items.

Having a laundry list of upgrades installed before pickup -

320W Solar / dual 6v AGM batteries / Direct TV auto-dish / stacked washer & dryer / Furrion rear observation camera / Fantastic fan for kitchen / Maxx vent covers.

Should be GTG if they can meet the SAT 20AUG delivery target date...

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Congrats on the RW.

The wife LOVES the RW 427. She loves the exterior over the Cyclone and she loves the interior.