Heartland Landmark Pricing Worksheet

jbeletti

I have developed an Excel based worksheet as an aid to pricing out new Heartland Landmark model 5th wheel trailers. You may use this workbook to create your own "what-if" scenarios. I created it in 2004 when many more items were options. Heartland has now made many more items standard for 2005. It is my hope that some prospective Heartland Landmark owners will be able to use this workbook as a tool to work with 1 or more dealers to get price quotes.

For those of you who do not have access to Microsoft Excel, I will be uploading the 4 worksheets as Adobe Acrobat pdf files in a separate post.

If you have any questions or trouble using my workbook, please drop me a PM or a reply post.

Jim

Attachments

• 2005_Heartland_Landmark_Cost_Builder_Sheet.xls
    326 KB · Views: 542

jbeletti

2005 Heartland Landmark Pricing in Adobe Acrobat PDF format

Okay folks, for those of you who do not have Microsoft Excel, I have reformatted the Excel document as an Adobe Acrobat PDF file.

If you do not have the Acrobat Reader program, it is free at this link.

Enjoy!

Jim

Attachments

• Heartland_Landmark_2005_Pricing.pdf
    292 KB · Views: 181

nemo45

How about a worksheet like this for the Big Horn. We saw the Big Horn at a show in OKC over the weekend and are really interested in them. We are going to upgrade from a mid-profile Wildcat to a hi-profile unit in the 34ft. range. I would like any information on the Big Horn I can get my hands on.

Don:)

jbeletti

Hi Don,

I can probably do that. I need to get the data first however. That may take some doing. MSRP is different around the country but I'll see if any nearby dealers want to share with me.

At a minimum, I'd like to get a sheet put together showing all the options that can be ordered.

Also, Jeff will be posting more about the Big Horn so stay tuned to his posts.

Jim

bcfast

bcfast
Still curious about the BigHorn pricing sheets...any news? Also, I wonder if the Big Horn can be ordered with MorRide, alloys, disk brakes, etc....?

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I also would like to see the same worksheet for the BigHorn. Too bad that the Heartland website does not have that. Some others do.

Allgyer1

MSRP Worksheet

Jim,
I have found your worksheet very helpful, however; I would like a 2006 model update as I am in the beginning process of buying a Grand Canyon.

jbeletti

Allgyer1,

Sorry but since I purchased my Landmark, I never kept up with keeping the worksheet up to date. It was more a tool for myself to use and I decided to share it.

Where do you live? If you are in the IL/IN area, I'll bet my dealer (Cross County RV in Mattoon, IL) will work with you on updating the worksheet.

Jim

Allgyer1

MSRP Grand Canyon worksheet

Jime,
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I live near Austin, Texas and every dealer in the area gives me a different MSRP for the Grand Canyon with the same options. That is why your worksheet is
so helpful. I will use it as a guideline for negotiations with the dealers.

cdbMidland

Allgyer1

Better act fast. I visited the nearest dealer for a hitch problem yesterday and they had sent 28 trailers to FEMA just yesterday morning and have now been asked how many 5ers they can release. The person there said that the factory is completely sold out and not to promise any delivery dates for at least 12 months. This was a Sunnybrook/Layton dealer, but I would guess that all dealers and factories are swamped with orders for FEMA right now.

Scary thing is that many of the drivers that showed up to take the trailers had never hauled a trailer, the trucks were not equipped with brake controllers, and most did not have any torsion bars.

Allgyer1

My understanding from the dealers I have talked to in Texas is that FEMA is only buying TT's not 5th Wheels and yes they are sold out.

jbeletti

Allgyer1,

Same thing I found - there is some regionality in MSRP pricing. I don't like it, but it's what we have to work with.

The good news is that once you get an options sheet from a dealer, you can check off the options you want and let various dealers shoot you their best price.

I agree, not as flexible as playing with your own "what if" calculator but it will work.

Another approach is to just ask dealers to give you their option sheet with their MSRP pricing, then quote you their best percentage off. Then you can play "what if" on your own. Do the same for a few dealers.

Best of luck to you.

Jim

jbeletti

2006 Landmark MSRP Price Worksheet

Hi All,

Thanks to Paul (Allgyer1), we now have an updated Landmark cost calculator (see the attached Excel workbook).

I'll shoot it off to my dealer to see if he has anything to add or finetune.

If anyone has a valid Bighorn MSRP sheet from a dealer, I would be happy to put the time in to create a cost calculator for it.

Thanks,

Jim

Attachments

• 2006_Heartland_Landmark_Cost_Builder_Sheet.xls
    479 KB · Views: 59

cdbMidland

The only thing I received was a spreadsheet that told me what was ordered and an MSRP for the total - nothing was separately listed. I mentioned this to Coley twice that many manufacturers put a MSRP tab right on their websites, but got no positive response to this.