For those who own toy haulers

Sniper

For those who own a toy hauler I was wondering if you all would share the reason(s) you purchased your toy hauler as opposed to some other model such as a Landmark, or Big Horn. For us it was simple, we simply could not imagine traveling without our motorcycles. We used to simply throw a tent and a blanket on the handle bars and roll, but my health won't allow me to do that any longer, and my 600 miles a day riding are long gone. Having the toy hauler allows us to still travel with, and enjoy our motorcycles (wind therapy is the best therapy, with s'more cones melted over a campfire running a close second). :cool:

Safe travels:)

avvidclif

Several years back I sold my Barco Lounger (that's Harley for an Electraglide Classic) after abt 50k miles on it. Made all the usual runs, Sturgis, 4-Corners, Run For the Wall, etc, Decided if I bought another it would be a run-around bike. Two years ago a Dyna Super Glide came into the picture. We had the generic 33' 5th wheel three slides etc,, no place for a bike. I wanted to take the bike therefore Toy Hauler. With a twist, the 3418 has an 18' garage with no dedicated living area or living room slide. It's kinda a set it up however you want deal in an 8'W by 17'L area with a 55" TV at the front. We carry 2 Euro Recliners, a desk, and other stuff. It gives plenty of room for 8 grandkids (4 queen size beds in the "garage"). Can haul my dune buggy if needed. Plus when we go to a flea market we have plenty of room to haul stuff to sell. Completely self-contained. Patio on the rear. I guess the nicest thing about it is windows down both sides and a big opening to the patio.

That's my story.

FiremanBill

I fly model airplanes competitively. My garage is also "the Hangar" used for maintenance at events and such. We also carry the golf cart back there as the Airfields we are competing on can often be quite a hike from the camper to the flightline.

These two planes each have a 6ft wingspan.

P4203520.jpg

This one is 11 ft.

SC_zpsyc4gc301.jpg

Sniper

I fly model airplanes competitively. My garage is also "the Hangar" used for maintenance at events and such. We also carry the golf cart back there as the Airfields we are competing on can often be quite a hike from the camper to the flightline.

View attachment 43881

This one is 11 ft.

View attachment 43882
I must say, if you would have just told me in passing that you flew "model" airplanes, I would have never envisioned models with 6-11 foot wing spans, or that to be a reason to have a toy hauler. Very cool indeed!

FiremanBill

A friend of mine has 20 foot wingspan replica of a B-29 bomber. it has 4, 2 cylinder 100cc gas engines.

Attachments

• Mac's B-29.jpg
    Mac's B-29.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 76

Dennyha

We have an HD Ultra Limited we like to take to Myrtle Beach, Florida, etc. Love to have the bike for day tripping. Also, we like to take our dogs to dry camp, and we'll take a Polaris quad to run around on. When not taking the motorcycle, or the quad, we've been known to haul our golf cart to Fort Wilderness to run around the campground. We've never been at a loss for what to do with the garage. We've had several trips where we've taken the golf cart and the motorcycle in the garage.

View attachment 43881

This one is 11 ft.

View attachment 43882

Do you fly IMAC? I am an innactive member of the Piedmont Aeromodelers located in Fayetteville NC. Once we had kids, I had to give something up.

FiremanBill

Do you fly IMAC? I am an innactive member of the Piedmont Aeromodelers located in Fayetteville NC. Once we had kids, I had to give something up.

Most of my stuff is IMAC size. I fly pretty much at scale meets, sailplane competitions, and do some pylon racing. My Seagull models "Shoestring" has been clocked at 146mph. And that is with an electric motor, not gas.

1977078_849325245083292_7247822327383407804_n_zpsbaqvceuf.jpg

Nice plane. The guys I flew with used Saito 4 stroke engines in theirs. A quiet electric would be even better. I mostly flew 50cc to 120cc aerobatics like Extra's and Yak's.

Lynn1130

CCC_2998_2.jpgRSCN4688.JPGP2290003.jpg

But these are not the real reason for the toyhauler.

This was the real reason. It makes getting my quads to camps easier. IMG_0068.jpg

BTW the P-61 is a 90" wingspan and the O-2 (Cessna 336) is 89".

FiremanBill

Nice plane. The guys I flew with used Saito 4 stroke engines in theirs. A quiet electric would be even better. I mostly flew 50cc to 120cc aerobatics like Extra's and Yak's.

Not all electrics are quiet! ;-) This is my Ritewing Demon

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 43886View attachment 43887View attachment 43888

But these are not the real reason for the toyhauler.

This was the real reason. It makes getting my quads to camps easier. View attachment 43889

BTW the P-61 is a 90" wingspan and the O-2 (Cessna 336) is 89".

Nice! Love the P-61

Jv75353

We got our toy hauler mainly so we can take all 13 of dogs with us when we travel and go to dog shows. They love the patio and we put up a 10 x 20 canopy with a ramp to the rear side door so the dogs can go in and out when they want to. We also take our side by side with us for exploring trails or for getting around at the dog show. It also provides plenty of room for our 3 grandkids and their stuff.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 54

Lou_and_Bette

We started off with our Road Warrior because of the bike but since we full-time, the DW was always drooling over the rigs with more homey interiors. However, once I discovered the Swivel Wheel trailer, I traded theRW in on the Big Horn. DW very happy and the bike still goes with me. Win -Win

KenandKK

We went with the TH because we liked traveling with the Harley's when we went to the beach, or the SideXSide when we went to the mountain's, trail riding. There is also room for the petal bike's for getting around the campgrounds. It's also nice for a mud room on messy day's! The rear door transforms into a nice patio deck for sitting outside without the ants and other crawly critter's. The only thing we think we might change would be the addition of the 3-season door and a rear awning. We even saw a unit with Ponies in the back with 3 stalls.... very versatile.

Sniper

We went with the TH because we liked traveling with the Harley's when we went to the beach, or the SideXSide when we went to the mountain's, trail riding. There is also room for the petal bike's for getting around the campgrounds. It's also nice for a mud room on messy day's! The rear door transforms into a nice patio deck for sitting outside without the ants and other crawly critter's. The only thing we think we might change would be the addition of the 3-season door and a rear awning. We even saw a unit with Ponies in the back with 3 stalls.... very versatile.
Ponies!? Well I'll be. LOL

kbbagshaw

We had a Big Country then bought the Cyclone. We have 3 grandkids and sometimes 2 extra adults. Got tired od inflating air mattresses and stepping over kids.