Be attentive out there!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Saw this today on Facebook:

12512381_10207193511173345_7010679203383617193_n.jpg
"A major accident on I-30 between Texarkana and Little Rock, Arkansas today. According to a witness, the truck pulling a camper did not stop when traffic stopped due to work zone. According to a witness rendering aid, the man was walking after being extricated from the truck. He was transported to a local hospital. He was very lucky."

donr827

Lucky guy. You are right that you have to really watch your following distance. Wonder if his trailer brakes were working properly.
Don

Bones

From the looks of the accident I don't think any brakes were used. Lucky person.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Good thing the hit was off-center. Passenger??? They be crushed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diamondjim

AND it can happen in a heart beat!

I may well wear out my 4-way flashers, I try to alert those behind me of any sign of concern ahead. People (in general) tend to be clueless to their surroundings, and potential problems, I know I can't save the world, I just want to stay safe. (selfish I know)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I wonder if maybe they were yakking away on their cell phone or texting :confused:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Too many people drive to the end of their hoods and have no clue what's beyond that until it's in their lap.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Years ago one of the elements of Defensive Driving that was taught was 'aim high in steering'. That mean look way down the road as well as what was directly in front of you. If you look way down the road you can slow down before you get to the problem.