Best installation spot on 2016 Torque SS for a EMS-HW50C?

mightygal

Could you please tell me the best location spot to install a EMS-HW50C surge protector on your 2016 Torque SS toyhauler? I am aware that near a water source should be avoided.

danemayer

Hi mightygal,

You may get various opinions from other owners, but I doubt the factory will give advice on modifications like this.

If you install it in between the transfer switch and the main circuit breaker panel, it will protect against faults originating from shore power, generator, the main power cord, and a failure of the transfer switch itself. Also, you'll only need a little #6 wire to make the connections and won't have to cut the existing wiring.

weekender01

Hi mightygal,

You may get various opinions from other owners, but I doubt the factory will give advice on modifications like this.

If you install it in between the transfer switch and the main circuit breaker panel, it will protect against faults originating from shore power, generator, the main power cord, and a failure of the transfer switch itself. Also, you'll only need a little #6 wire to make the connections and won't have to cut the existing wiring.

This is good to know as we should be picking up our unit next week. Once I have the unit I plan to insatll the Progressive EMS too. I assume you will need to remove the panel in the storage area correct? How easy is that to do?

danemayer

This is good to know as we should be picking up our unit next week. Once I have the unit I plan to insatll the Progressive EMS too. I assume you will need to remove the panel in the storage area correct? How easy is that to do?

Generally the transfer switch is behind the rear wall of the pass through storage, but this could vary by model/floor plan. Not too hard to take the wall down.

MurrayN.

I installed my surge protector inside the removable wall in the front pass through storage area. Not a big deal. Lots of room in my Torque 321. It ended up approx in the middle of the rv away from the plumbing.

mightygal

Thanks for the recommendation on the install of the protector. We are new at this and had not thought about having to remove something to accomplish this as our first thought. But your right it's the perfect spot.