desk mod to BH 3970RD

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
We removed one of the couches in our 3970RD and built a desk. We used unfinished base cabinets and a countertop. Dave removed the kickplates on the cabinets, stained and installed the countertop. Fit perfectly. He also put electrical outlets in the back of the countertop.

desk in bighorn.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Love it! Looks great! Heartland really needs to consider this as an option on this plan. Would not be hard to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StrongJava

Nice! We're looking for RD-type floor plans where we do do the same thing, but the 3970RD is too long for us. Our goal is to stay under 41'.

Mobile Suites has one that might work for us, but they are so dang expensive.

If Heartland came out with a Bighorn or Landmark with a desk/tv area similar to that in the 3670RL floor plan we have now, I'd probably already have signed the dotted line.

What would be nearly perfect is if they put the desk/tv setup of the 3670RL in the new 3760EL, I'm pretty sure we'd be done looking. I do not need a 48" or 55" TV in a 10' x 10' room!

The mod I made to the desk in the 3670RL is essentially an extension that gives me a large work surface and provides me space to have two monitors (for business). And I get a window to have natural light! It is about perfect.

Tim

We removed one of the couches in our 3970RD and built a desk. We used unfinished base cabinets and a countertop. Dave removed the kickplates on the cabinets, stained and installed the countertop. Fit perfectly. He also put electrical outlets in the back of the countertop.

View attachment 43918

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The desk nearly looks like it came from the factory, when we saw it in person. Very good mod by Dave and Nancy. This would not be hard for Heartland to do!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk