Automatic Awning Question

lleach

I have a 2008 Landmark with an automatic awning. In the cabinet with all of the guages and other switches, there is "awning recepticle" that looks like a light switch. However, the awning will retract or extend whether or not I have turned this switch on or off. Could anyone tell me what this switch is for? I don't know if it is working because I don't know what this switch is for.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
There should be two sets of dual electric plug-ins on the outside of your trailer. One set is just to the left of the pass through storage door. The other should be up and to the right of that same storage door by the awning. The switch controls the power to the upper electrical outlet. That lets you hook up some Christmas lights, etc. and turn them on and off from the inside of the coach. It has nothing to do with the operation of the automatic awning. I have a manual awning on my Bighorn and also have the electrical receptical.
Fred

lleach

That makes sense and we'll check this out in the morning. It was confusing because the switch said "awning recepticle" so we thought it was for the awning. Thanks for your help.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
NP. I think it says that because it is close to the awning and people plug in lights that they hang on their awning. Took me awhile to figure out what it was.
Fred

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you are talking about what I think you are, I have a black switch in the control panel closet that is to manually retract or extend the automatic awning. You have to hold the switch up or down while the awing goes in or out. My Landmark is an 07 and I do not have the electrical outlets on the outside top like newer models do.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Jim:
I know on my '08, the awning recepticle switch is for the outlet on the outside. I have plugged electrical appliances into it and then operated the switch, which controls power to that outlet, just to test it.
They must have started putting it there on the '08 models.
Fred

Shadowchek

Yea my receptical is up high by the awning the new ones are down low by where your awning attaches on the bottom.They changed sometime in 08

Greg

IF you look towards the front of the trailor there is a 120 vac outlet near the king pin door entry side, not the one near the battery compartment that stays on all the time

The one you are talking about (awning switch) turns this power outlet on and off,

nice if you have something like outdoor lights you was to turn off at night with out going outside, myself I use it for my water hose that is electric traced