Sylvania microwave

roazo

Sundance Owner
Our 3300sk is 1 1/2 years old. Have had the moisture problem with it since day one. Made a duct for it and it worked till now..except for the moisture on the door glass, at least in worked. Now on our last outing it shut down, now it runs all the time. I even unplugged it for 24 hours thinking it was locked up. Plugged back in still runs all the time. Is there a warranty from Sylvania for more than a year? I looked them up on the internet not much help not even a # to call. I know from the forum that there are a lot of people with same problem. Is there any assistance that you can offer.

Thanks
Proud Sundance Owner

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
roazo, we had the same problem with our Sylvania that came with our Bighorn. We were fortunate enough to be at the Goshen Owners Rally last year and the subject of microwaves came up. Ours was replaced then. We had been shopping for a new one to replace it but Heartland came through back then. Our thoughts prior to that were, 1-I wanted something more powerful anyway, 2-It's easy and inexpensive enough to replace on our own. That being said and due to yours being a bit out of warranty, you may want to consider measuring yours and finding a replacement that will fit. You can call Heartland Customer Service at 574-262-8030 To see if they can help.

vangoes

roazo,
The second one that went out on me did the same thing as yours .....it would not shut off. Had to trip the breaker to turn it off as the push buttons in the panel had no effect what so ever. As stated, this was my second one that rolled craps and was replaced again with another Sylvania by HL so I am now on #3. I requested that it be replace with a Dometic but that did not happen. When this one goes I think I will replace it with the Cooks brand Micro/Convection that is sold by JC Penny. It is the correct size to fit in the existing mounting frame and from what I hear, it is a pretty good unit. Gee, my last RV I sold after 8 years and it still had the original microwave in it. Go figure!

roazo

Sundance Owner
Vangoes, Thanks for the info. Do you have a model # & price for the Cooks Microwave/ Convection. I looked at JCPenny.com and only saw the microwave model. Waiting to hear from Heartland before next move.