Am I just Lucky or what?

sengli

My first ARTIS OEM water pump in my big horn lasted about a season, then it just started to surge like crazy. Sent it back to the elkhart based service center, and they said it was in specs. Sure it would pump water, but surged so bad it was not very usable. So I replaced it with a surflow 4008, which was much quieter and worked great, a big improvement over the ARTIS. Now after two seasons my sureflow is not pumping first trip out this year. The motor runs, but doesnt pump anything. Luckily this pump is still under its two year warranty, so I am sending it back to the elkhart based warranty center. We shall see how this is handled by them. I know this surflow isnt the most expensive unit out there at roughly $80, but is it common for these units to last just a couple of years?

Last edited:

happykraut

Five different rigs since 1997, but have never had a water pump failure. I guess you're just lucky.

danemayer

Given that the factory didn't find a problem with the first one, and now you have a similar problem on the second one, I'd be looking for something else. Maybe a kink in the tube coming from the fresh tank, or from the Anderson 4-way valve. Something might be either starving the pump of water, or restricting output. It may be that when the pumps are new, they can overcome the problem.

sengli

Well replaced my two year old pump again, and I am back in business again. My old pump was sent back to sureflow, and they found it was defective, and replaced it with a new one. Great two year warranty on these. I did call and talk to the tech people at anderson, and just in case they are sending me a replacement cartridge for the 4 way fixture.

Last edited: