Want to buy a Front Livingroom fiver but none around this area

Tundra2084

:mad: We are very happy with the Heartland brand and have been looking for a Front Livingroom either a 2015 or very lightly used as this will be our retirement unit. We have looked at many websites and cannot find any made by Heartland in our province of Ontario. We have found one heartland dealer that honestly we don't find very trustworthy. They have an Elkridge rear livingroom manufactured in 04/2015 and when asked what model year it is we were told very loudly it's a NEW 2016 model. When asked about a Front Livingroom unit we were told they don't make them. Needless to say we walked out mad as heck knowing full well Heartland makes Front Livingroom Fivers.

Now we are looking at other brands with the front livingrooms but would rather stay with heartland. Not happy about it but retirement is first of the year and banks don't like to finance retired people here so gotta find one and get financing in place before long. Sorry just needed to vent a little.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might want to call Heartland and they will be able to tell you where there are any front living models.
You might have to take a trip to the states though.

Peace
Dave

Tundra2084

Wish we could find one in the states but with the Canadian dollar low and the problem of finding financing for it wouldn't be in our financial interest. As of yesterday the Canadian dollar is at 0.77 cents. So for each American dollar it will cost us about $1.35 canadian plus the banks charge to exchange money. It's amazing how much more it costs. When down in Florida last month we exchanged $800.00 Canadian and got $556.98 in American dollars. Imagine what it would cost to exchange $75,000 US to Canadian. We have thought about it but it's just to expensive so we have to keep looking up here and no matter where we buy it's still a 13% sales tax we have to add in.

gasman

Camp Socializer
If you can't find what you are looking for, maybe you could order one through a Canadian dealer that you feel comfortable with.

Tundra2084

Received a phone call from a dealership that Heartland contacted on our behalf. THANK YOU HEARTLAND for reading this forum and listening to the owners on it. We are trying to get some pictures of a 2012 Bighorn 3875FL but no place on the net has any or information on this unit. Does anyone know where I can find spec's on this model? Thank you again for all your help and again for heartland's help in our search for our next heartland fiver.

Last edited:

Tundra2084

Anyone with a 2012 Bighorn 38??FL with pictures or info

As stated in a different post we are looking for a Front Livingroom Fiver. We have a dealer with what he is saying is a 2012 Bighorn 3870FL but for the life of me cannot find any info on the unit and the dealership is closed. Does anyone here have this model and year of bighorn? If you do could you please tell me a little about it...pro's and con's ...does it have standard landing gear or is it the level up system? Sorry but really curious about this unit and its over an hours drive one way to go look at it..
Thanks for any help.
Dawn

danemayer

Re: Anyone with a 2012 Bighorn 38??FL with pictures or info

I might be wrong, but I thought the Front Living floor plans were introduced later - maybe 2014 models.

- - - Updated - - -

Merged 2 threads.

Tundra2084

Re: Anyone with a 2012 Bighorn 38??FL with pictures or info

Thank you for the replies and the website. It looks as though the 2012 is the first year the front livingroom was marketed by heartland. Cant wait to find out more about this unit. We would love to get a new coach but are upside down on our Sundance (thanks Mobilelife RV who no longer carries Heartland).