poor craftmanship on cabinetry on new landmark

Ive recently purchased a new landmark Madison.The quality of the cabinetry and crown molding is very disappointing.Has anyone experiened the same problems and who would I contact to get this problem resolved.I am getting no help from dealership.

Bgthomas

Welcome to the forum. What kind of help are you looking for? Your dealer should make the repairs under warranty.

jbeletti

Welcome to the forum. If the cabinetry/molding was installed wrong or requires adjustment - the dealership is able to do that sort of thing. If you're getting pushback from them, please contact Heartland Customer Service by phone on Monday at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN ready.

jimtoo

Hi mdunsworth,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
When you call HL service. Ask if they have an independent shop you can have your warranty work done. If HL deals with them for warranty work...your good to go. Some dealers suck for warranty work after you gave the sales department your money.

EPaulikonis

I just had warranty work completed on my Landmark's drawers. I had multiple where the staples had pulled through the luan base. Guess I will not be putting any cinder blocks in the drawers as the brochure displayed. Regardless, I intervened between my service shop and HL Warranty, primarily Don McWilliams, JC, and Landmark GM at the time - Andy Wesdorp, to get time authorized for repairs. HL originally agreed to half of what was requested, but was only signing up for 2 hrs. according to info I received when picking my coach up from the shop. The Service Manger at the RV repair facility is currently re-engaging with HL Warranty office to square the time. The repair shop added 1" X 1" supports to the base of every drawer in my 2015 Savannah to strengthen the bases.

This topic was posted at https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...dmark-Drawer-support?highlight=drawer+support. Best of luck to you getting your Madison squared away.

Ive recently purchased a new landmark Madison.The quality of the cabinetry and crown molding is very disappointing.Has anyone experiened the same problems and who would I contact to get this problem resolved.I am getting no help from dealership.

jbeletti

Eric - sorry you had to go through that process.

While it doesn't affect you - for the Landmark 365 product (since June 2014 production) - Heartland has sourced a drawer with a huge increase in construction quality. This is especially true in the joints, in the thickness of the drawer bottom and how it is attached to the box.

EPaulikonis

Thanks Jim. Not that I enjoy it, but this is the type of stuff you have to embrace if you want to own an RV. I have to say though, the response from HL brand managers and the warranty department has tempered my enthusiasm on the brand. Guess I was expecting more proactive approach from the company. Regardless, I still enjoy the community, these forums, and my Landmark and I got what I needed done to fix the issues I was having.

Eric - sorry you had to go through that process.

While it doesn't affect you - for the Landmark 365 product (since June 2014 production) - Heartland has sourced a drawer with a huge increase in construction quality. This is especially true in the joints, in the thickness of the drawer bottom and how it is attached to the box.

jbeletti

Thanks Jim. Not that I enjoy it, but this is the type of stuff you have to embrace if you want to own an RV. I have to say though, the response from HL brand managers and the warranty department has tempered my enthusiasm on the brand. Guess I was expecting more proactive approach from the company. Regardless, I still enjoy the community, these forums, and my Landmark and I got what I needed done to fix the issues I was having.

Eric - wouldn't the change we made with better drawers, starting with June 2014 production - be considered being a proactive approach? When then GM of the brand, Tom Montague came on board, he did a lot of listening to customers and drawer bottoms falling out was something wanted to eliminate from the Landmark he planned to make (the LM 365).

EPaulikonis

It may well be a change for the good, but I can't provide personal experience since my coach was delivered in May 2014 prior to the new drawers being added. I was answering mdunsworth's query to others who'd had problems with cabinetry since he was unhappy with the quality of his rig.

When I mentioned proactive, I was referring to their response to my specific need to get the drawers fixed. The warranty folks told me I'd get the stock production drawer that was in the coach if they were going to be replaced. Somewhat surprised since HL also recognized the drawer needed work since they opted to outsource production on future rigs. When I said that wasn't going to do since the drawer was poorly made and would fail again, we started down the additional bracing path. My service tech requested hours and HL warranty flat out denied the claim. The service tech called me and I contacted the warranty department. After chatting the proposed solution, they authorized a portion of the hours requested...half to be exact. I'm happy with the final fix, but again, my enthusiasm is tempered because I had to negotiate the deal between HL warranty and my service tech's office. Had I not been persistent, the work would not have been done to my satisfaction.

I'm not bashing the brand, I wouldn't trade my Landmark Savannah for another rig today. I just want to be a bigger part of the solution as the product line evolves. I intend to be part of the HL community for a long time to come. That's why I'm interested in better quality and craftsmanship from the company going forward. I'm in my first HL coach, and it's not likely my last. I'm willing to support with my experiences, both with the Landmark coach I own and through what I've learned as a program manager, to improve the product line. I've posted comment within the forum about an owner's product improvement team that goes beyond what options you'd like to see in a coach. Real RV people with the problems with fixes they've experienced to help HL build a better product. Expect it would likely cost HL minimal investment up front in the engineering and/or factory build phases while yielding exponential savings on the warranty side by limiting rework and warranty claims after delivery.

Eric - wouldn't the change we made with better drawers, starting with June 2014 production - be considered being a proactive approach? When then GM of the brand, Tom Montague came on board, he did a lot of listening to customers and drawer bottoms falling out was something wanted to eliminate from the Landmark he planned to make (the LM 365).