DETERMINED: 2016 Oakmont Bluetooth Question

Sam-Tafi

Greetings All,

My wife and I just brought home our new camper. As we transition and get things set up, I was trying to synch my phone to the camper's Bluetooth.

Everything was going along well and my phone is successfully linked- but I ran across this and wondered if anyone had a suggestion to fix it? The Bluetooth acts just like the Bluetooth in the truck. When you dial a number- the audio cuts out, or when receiving a call, same thing. But, I can't get the campers speakers to pick up on the audio of the call. I'm in Bluetooth mode, I have the volume up on both the camper and on the cell phone. Still nothing. When you hang up, the audio reverts- again, just like in your car. It's odd, I can hear through the speakers of the camper when I peck away on my phone keypad to dial a number, or the phone's signal when I receive an e-mail or a text message also comes through. Just no audio during an actual phone call.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sam

danemayer

Re: 2016 Oakmont Bluetooth Question

Hi Sam-Tafi,

You didn't mention what device/model you're syncing to in the camper. But I wonder if it has a microphone. In my limited Bluetooth phone experience, the audio stream is either on the phone's built-in microphone and speaker, or is transferred to the Bluetooth device's microphone and speaker. It seems like if it transferred control to the camper's sound system, you might have no microphone.

Maybe the Bluetooth is smart enough to know that and is handling calls in a way that works.

Sam-Tafi

Thanks for the reply Dan. Maybe that's it. Perhaps the Bluetooth in the camper is more designed for the listening of music from your device than it is for the purpose of having a phone conversation? I doubt that the stereo system in the camper with the Bluetooth capacity has a mic, I guess we won't be using it for our phone conversations! I appreciate the feedback.

Regards,

Sam (n Tafi)

jbeletti

Sam - what brand is the unit? Is it Jensen? If so - kindly phone them at this number to run it by them: 877-845-8750

Sam-Tafi

It is indeed a Jensen Jim. I'll give that a whirl and report back any good information. Thanks for the 800 number.

Sam

Sam-Tafi

Well, that 800 number confirmed what we were thinking. The Bluetooth on the Jensen system in the camper is ​not designed to handle phone calls. It is meant to Bluetooth your music from various devices but will not do phone calls. Nor is there any add on device that will make the Jensen system do that.

At least I'm not going crazy or doing anything wrong. There's lots of other features on the new camper that will handle that!

Thanks again,

Sam