Basement door leaking.....?

Diamondjim

We've had our share of hard rain here in Central Florida, but I've been suspicious of water infiltration in this area since we purchased our used 2011 Greystone 32RL the end of September '16. Looking at the gasket, the corner had pulled away from the radius. I pulled it down, cleaned the area, put on new gasket cement (as per pkg directions - surprised my wife) and waited for the next down pour!
New dampness inside the lower "tray" next to the door. Looked at the top center of the gasket, it appears tight all across the top of the basement door. AND yet there is water entering from some point.
The outside frame looks tight against the body with no visible gaps, VERY tight.
Am open to suggestion. This unit sat on the dealers lot for a long time (consignment unit, death in family, beautiful shape) and I noted items (sewer hose support) sitting in original box with water stains. Should have been more alert to a potential problem.

Thank you for your sage advice in tracking down the source.

Garypowell

Not sure if your problem is similar to mine but found that water was leaking through the part of the door latch mechanism that is attached in the door frame.

With the door door open pour water into the recess of the latch and see if water ends up on the basement floor. On mine it did. Took the strike plate out and caulked under it and the reinstalled it.......problem went away.

mlpeloquin

You have a well taken care of Greystone, but it is a 2011. I would be all over this 5er looking, pushing, and prodding all the edges for hairline cracks and loose pointing (caulking). Don't just put more over the old, but remove it carefully. I use a safety raiser, box cutter, and a hook and blue painters tape for a sharp line. Make sure the rig is good and water tight. Do this twice a year in the spring and fall. You will not have to worry about water intrusion and delimitation. Go over the roof line on you hands and knees inspecting up close the edges and sealant around the every joint. Clean it once a year with a good roof cleaner. Some use Spic and Span. Look at the slide roofs as well. Then you can be sure you are water tight and not having to deal with a big problem when it gets bad enough to show up.