DETERMINED: Big Country - Where is switch to turn these on?

Hello All,

We recently purchased a wonderful 2013 Big Country 3450TS. It has lights on the outside of the rig that we cannot find a switch to turn on. I'm Attaching photos of the lights and the switch box inside the my 5er. We took it out this past weekend and really needed to use these lights but could not find a switch.

Also, is there any way to get the specs for our unit? It is not quite like any other one I have seen. My floor plan has a moveable center island that I love!

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_1166.jpg
    IMG_1166.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1163.jpg
    IMG_1163.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 125

chaplady

Re: ATF: Big Country - Where is switch to turn these on?

The white lights on out side ( scare lights) check to see if you have a remote. That's how mine turns on and off from the remote. Bill

THANK YOU! I found the remote and was able to turn on the lights! Can you tell me any more about this remote? There is an on / off button that goes into a sel to do something else... but I have no idea what.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

A quick call to HL service with your VIN# and they should be able to walk you through it.

mlpeloquin

On my Big Horn I have a switch for the flood lights. It took me five months to figure out the remote controlled the light under the stairs! That thing was on and I could not shut it off. I pulled the bulb until I had time to figure it out. LOL!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

The on/off brings up the menu to operate your hydraulic slides, landing gear and awning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all! I called Heartland and they sent me some info. I'm still a little scared of that remote but at least I know more that I did. BTW - Heartland told me my unit is a 3251TS... Wow. All the papers and the info the dealer gave me said different but now I know! I don't really care what the model is but I think it should have been listed correctly from the dealer. I really do like my model!

Thensley

When I picked up my heartland there was no remote asked about it and they said they're not offering a remote anymore with them had issues with the programming so they discontinued them

NHCelt

Regarding remote, my 2016 Bighorn also came with no remote
Hland advises stopped shipping them...no reason given.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

gasman

Camp Socializer
I think the best thing about the remote is the ability to operate the slide rooms while standing in view of them to make sure no gremlins have jumped in the way of the slides. The alternative is listening for the crunch when a cabinet door or drawer has come open during travel!

TheWade2

It's on the remote control. Since you also have the movable island, have you had trouble with it moving despite being tied down with 1 tie down on each side? Ours has ruined the poor, carpet edging on both sides and dented cabinet. lol over the course of 3 years. Have had floor repaired twice, and replaced 1 time. Carpet repaired 2 times, replaced 1 time.

Carol Wade
Thewade2@icloud.com

We have 3 ties on ours - one on each side and one in the back. Since it is new to us, I have not yet had an issue with it moving. I do put a towel on top to pad the slide when I bring it in. I am also still trying to determine how to know when I have it placed just right for the slides to come in. But I love the fact that we can stop when we are on the road and get to everything we need without putting the slides out - bed, bath & kitchen.

Smwhite

Thank you all! I called Heartland and they sent me some info. I'm still a little scared of that remote but at least I know more that I did. BTW - Heartland told me my unit is a 3251TS... Wow. All the papers and the info the dealer gave me said different but now I know! I don't really care what the model is but I think it should have been listed correctly from the dealer. I really do like my model!
Can you send me heartlands number

wdk450

Can you send me heartlands number
Legally, doesn't your state Department of Motor Vehicles and your insurer want the CORRECT model listed on your records and legal documents??? I know this will be a sticky "tar baby" situation to clear up, but thought you should think about it.