Water leak around Sundance bunk slide

cj11302000

We have a 2009 Sundance 2997BHS and just love it. We've had a few issues...broken landing gear motor, bad kitchen faucet, leaking shower...but nothing too major. We have noticed that when we tow the rig in rain...water somehow is getting inside the bunk area and getting the carpet wet at the edge of the slide. The people doing our warranty work said they can't figure out where it's coming from. I'm going to take a look at it this weekend and do some of my own troubleshooting. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this experience and what they did to fix it or what the problem was. My buddy following me on a trip a couple weeks ago said that when I turned corners...he could see water pouring out of somewhere in the back. The only place I could see water might form up was in the gaps where the underbelly cover is not sealed to the frame. Any thoughts?

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
cj11302000,

We have a 2008 2997BHS and, so far, have not had any water getting into the rear bunk slide area. Could you have someone spray the slide seal area with the water hose (don't use to strong of a stream) while your inside looking for the water? I've never done this, so I don't know how well the seals will hold up to the water spray.

Good luck,

cj11302000

I ran into the problem the other day towing in the pouring rain. I finally inspected the bottom and I found the problem. It appears that Heartland doesn't really secure the cardboard like covering they use to seal the underside very well to the frame. I had areas in between bolts that sagged and it appeared the water was getting in up there. I could see there was trapped water inside. I ended up getting a can of that expandable foam used in construction and I ran a bead of that around the entire underside and sealed it all up. I towed again in the rain and no more water inside...so it looks like a five dollar can of foam solved the problem. If anyone needs more info or wants to see pictures of what I did...let me know.