PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Canton - 9/9/2016 to 9/11/2016

nander
04-05-2016, 03:49 PM
2102 N. Trade Days Blvd., Canton, TX 75103

Venue:
------------------------------

Mill Creek Ranch Resort
2102 N. Trade Days Blvd.
Canton, TX 75103
877-927-3439
www.millcreekranchresort.com (http://www.millcreekranchresort.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $0
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $5

Details:

Number of sites held: 30
Register by end of day 8/9/2016
Site fee: $$32 per night.
Club Member Event fee: 0
Non-Club Member fee: $20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 9/10/2016
Potluck time: 6:00pm

Event Leader: nander(click to contact) (https://heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=14965)

Additional Info:
We are pleased to announce that the Heartland Owners North Texas Chapter will have another rally in Canton TX. The rally will be held at the Mill Creek Ranch Resort, a 10-10-10 Good Sam rated park that has also received high honors from Woodalls and the Texas Association of Campground Owners (TACO).

We have 30 sites reserved for our rally. If the rally sites are not reserved by August 9, 2016, the sites will be released back to the resort. After August 9, 2016, reservations can still be made, but the site may not be close to the Rally group.

Please call the park to make reservations and post on this thread or send me a PM with your dates.

Come join us!

We will have a White Elephant Exchange. Please bring an item you don't want in a paper bag - no name. We will number them.

ExploreUSA will host a lunch at their Canton location on Sept 10, 2016 starting at 11:30 am. They will grill and have new coaches for us browse through. Of course, if you are in the market, they will work a deal!

jassson007
04-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Not sure if I want to go to a rally/camp out in Canton...lol. Last time we did it ended up being a $70k trip replacing an engine and then buying a new truck. Lol we will try but not sure if we can make it due to football schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chippendale
04-05-2016, 05:43 PM
Nancy, put us down to attend, at my age I don't care that much about football, I would rather rally.

George and Dolly

jayc
04-05-2016, 06:49 PM
We'll be there! Can't miss a trip to Canton.

Ted_Dee
04-06-2016, 12:38 PM
Nancy and Dave, sign us up we will be there.

nander
04-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Alright! We are off to a great start!

Please be sure to call the park and make a reservation. Let me know your dates.

HornedToad
04-06-2016, 03:14 PM
nander,

I want to come to a North Texas Rally, but I was thinking more like next year. September 10th is an away game for my Red Raiders and if I tell Helen it's in Canton... I know she'll want to go!!!

I noticed that Trade Days is on the First Monday of the month... Will there still be vendors & booths the Rally weekend that she can drag me around shopping???

nander
04-06-2016, 04:58 PM
nander,

I want to come to a North Texas Rally, but I was thinking more like next year. September 10th is an away game for my Red Raiders and if I tell Helen it's in Canton... I know she'll want to go!!!

I noticed that Trade Days is on the First Monday of the month... Will there still be vendors & booths the Rally weekend that she can drag me around shopping???

Hi Mike,
We would love to have you in Canton! We cannot have a rally on First Monday as there are no discounts. I'm not sure if there would be as many vendors as first Monday. Some do stay the season. The park would know more than I do! [emoji3]

pegmikef
04-07-2016, 09:47 AM
nander,

There normally aren't any booths open, but there are several quasi-permanent vendors around the periphery of the fair grounds that are always open plus a couple of interesting stores (we like the Fiestaware store that carries a lot of seconds.

HornedToad
04-07-2016, 01:11 PM
There normally aren't any booths open, but there are several quasi-permanent vendors around the periphery of the fair grounds that are always open plus a couple of interesting stores (we like the Fiestaware store that carries a lot of seconds.

That's great... Helen reclaimed her Fiestaware from my daughter that just got married and she probably needs a few pieces to round out the set!!!

TravelTiger
04-07-2016, 01:43 PM
Women enjoy visiting the Paul Michael Company store, right near the entrance to the park.

Screager
04-20-2016, 05:20 PM
Scott & Karen Creager. Arrive the 8th-11th. Owners Club # 3255. 972-880-2711

nander
04-20-2016, 10:41 PM
Scott & Karen Creager. Arrive the 8th-11th. Owners Club # 3255. 972-880-2711

That's great, Scott & Karen! We look forward to meeting you!

ctayloe07
04-29-2016, 11:09 AM
Hi Nancy and Dave, just made our reservations for
Canton arriving on Sept 7 leaving on Sept 12. Flora and Corbin

Terry H
04-29-2016, 12:47 PM
We will be there! Arriving September 8 and departing September 11. We look forward to seeing everyone.

DaveTyler
05-08-2016, 04:37 PM
Nancy please add Dave & Kathy Tyler to the rally. Arrival date of Sept 6th, Depart Sept. 12th. I have called the park. Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

nander
05-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Got everyone down! The rally will be here before you know it.

pegmikef
05-08-2016, 06:11 PM
Of course we're gonna be there . . . no dates yet as that's a busy time of year.

nander
05-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Got you down, Mike & Peg. Let me know your dates when you make a reservation.

teasac69
05-13-2016, 10:06 AM
Nancy,
We are planning to attend Canton and likely arrive on 9-8-16 thru 9-11

We just live about 25 miles from Canton so let us know if you need any help with anything. Tell Dave I have a membership to Garden Valley if he wants to play there that week.

nander
05-13-2016, 09:28 PM
Nancy,
We are planning to attend Canton and likely arrive on 9-8-16 thru 9-11

We just live about 25 miles from Canton so let us know if you need any help with anything. Tell Dave I have a membership to Garden Valley if he wants to play there that week.

Great, Tim & Beckey! I've got you down.

You know Dave is always ready to play golf! ;)

WRIGHT ll
05-18-2016, 01:27 PM
Hey Nan, we're registered for Sep 6 to Sep 13. Looking forward to seeing everybody then, Orville and Barbara

nander
05-18-2016, 05:25 PM
Hey Nan, we're registered for Sep 6 to Sep 13. Looking forward to seeing everybody then, Orville and Barbara

Great, Orville! We look forward to seeing you both!

Fulltimers
05-19-2016, 09:09 PM
Made our reservation yesterday. Will be in Site 7. See you all on the 9th. Have a safe and fun summer.

nander
05-20-2016, 09:58 AM
Made our reservation yesterday. Will be in Site 7. See you all on the 9th. Have a safe and fun summer.

Great Kerry & Jere! We look forward to seeing you!

U2fletch
06-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Nancy and Dave, we just signed up. Will arrive the 8th and stay 3 nights. This will be our first rally, and are very excited since we ordered our Cyclone 3110 and are expecting it to arrive mid July.

Jeff and Lisa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nander
06-03-2016, 03:17 PM
Nancy and Dave, we just signed up. Will arrive the 8th and stay 3 nights. This will be our first rally, and are very excited since we ordered our Cyclone 3110 and are expecting it to arrive mid July.

Jeff and Lisa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome, Jeff & Lisa! We look forward to meeting you. Congratulations on your new rig!

Nancy

'Lil Guy'
06-11-2016, 07:50 AM
Nancy and Dave, we'll be up north and unable to attend this one but if you or anyone has need of our 4 seat, lifted gas golf cart, I can leave it on the trailer and someone could pick it up for the rally if they want. Would be about an hour trip to p/u. Let me know if you want to make arrangements. Jacksonville isn't too far if you want it. Have a great rally and we'll see you at the next.

nander
06-11-2016, 09:48 AM
Nancy and Dave, we'll be up north and unable to attend this one but if you or anyone has need of our 4 seat, lifted gas golf cart, I can leave it on the trailer and someone could pick it up for the rally if they want. Would be about an hour trip to p/u. Let me know if you want to make arrangements. Jacksonville isn't too far if you want it. Have a great rally and we'll see you at the next.

Oh no, a rally without the 'Lil Guy'! We will miss you Frank & Debbie. Have fun on your trip.

If someone is interested in borrowing your golf cart, they can contact you directly. Thanks for the generous offer!

dlw930
06-11-2016, 10:07 AM
Donna and I will also miss this one since we plan to be in CO part of Aug. and all of Sept. We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas and hopefully at the spring rallies.

nander
06-11-2016, 10:50 AM
Donna and I will also miss this one since we plan to be in CO part of Aug. and all of Sept. We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas and hopefully at the spring rallies.

Ok, David & Donna! We will miss you and look forward to seeing you in Las
Vegas.

Nancy

cndcrutcher
06-15-2016, 05:51 PM
I'm new to this what goes on at these rallies and what should one bring?

jimtoo
06-15-2016, 06:09 PM
Hi cndcrutcher,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/128-heartland-owners-club-portal). Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

A rally is a place to meet other Heartlanders, play games and EAT FOOD. Also lots of things get planned and the #1 post will usually be updated to let you know what is happening.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

'Lil Guy'
06-15-2016, 06:59 PM
There are lots of strange goings on at the rallies. Our ritual is a lot like the Masons. The newest attendee has to wait on the rest of the group. For your 1st rally, it's good to bring a bottle of Fireball to share with everyone................

But on a serious note, It starts officially with some sort of meet and greet. (Maybe Ice cream, donuts, etc..) Just a fun time getting to know fellow Heartlanders and sharing their experiences on the road. Lots of good tech info and friendship. Always food on everyone's mind. Attend one and you'll get hooked on the comradery and find yourself attending more just to meet friends you'll make who share your passion for the RV lifestyle. I Guarantee you'll be made to feel at ease and enjoy yourself at your 1st rally. Just fun people getting together. You just need to bring yourselves to the rally. Normally a Pot Luck dinner with the main course provided. Everyone just brings a side dish to these events. You could sum up a rally with casual, laid back and friendly. Come see for yourselves and you'll never look back. These events are where you can start putting faces to the names of people you meet here.
Best part of owning a Heartland RV is you are eligible to join the HOC. Don't miss the opportunity.
Later and have a great day.

nander
06-15-2016, 07:43 PM

Hello cndcrutcher!
Fun and food goes on a rally. Baker summed it up nicely. Go to the first post, get the info and make your reservation. Be sure to tell them you are with the Heartland Owners Club. That's another thing, you don't have to, but should join the Owners Club. If you are not a member of the club, you will have to pay $20. This helps cover our costs for paper items, etc. We have a meet & greet, usually Friday evening. Saturday is the potluck. Everyone brings a dish. We play games - mexican train, lcr, etc. If you need additional info, please feel free to contact me.

We look forward to meeting you soon!

pegmikef
06-17-2016, 10:27 AM
I just made my reservations arriving Sep 6 and departing for Ingram 13 Sep.

nander
06-17-2016, 10:54 AM
I just made my reservations arriving Sep 6 and departing for Ingram 13 Sep.

Got you down , Mike & Peg! Thanks!

Nancy

jayc
06-18-2016, 12:24 AM
Just a quick note for now but we're going to have a concealed handgun licensing class on Thursday September 8th. It will begin promptly at 8:30 in one of the halls, then we'll break for lunch and we'll go to a local gun range for qualifications. Dave Tyler will be instructing the class and will have more details soon.

Attendees:

1. Jay Coffman
2. Orville Wright
3, Nancy Anderson

From Dave Tyler:

Texas Licence to Carry Class will be given on Thursday, September 8th, 2016
in the Rally Room from 8:30 AM-1:30 PM for classroom instruction and then break for lunch. Proficiency training to be done at a gun range​ nearby following lunch. Participants will need 50 rounds of ammunition. Also a firearm .32 cal or larger. Can be revolver or Semi Auto. Instructor will have a Glock 9MM for use if needed at no charge. Class fee is $75.00 not to include State Fee or fee for fingerprints. Class will be taught by Dave Tyler, DPS certified License to Carry Instructor. Any questions please call Jay Coffman or Dave Tyler.

WRIGHT ll
06-18-2016, 10:52 AM
Just a quick note for now but we're going to have a concealed handgun licensing class on Thursday September 8th. It will begin promptly at 8:30 in one of the halls, then we'll break for lunch and we'll go to a local gun range for qualifications. Dave Tyler will be instructing the class and will have more details soon.
we are interested in the concealed carry class but are wondering if it would be valid in Oklahoma?

danemayer
06-18-2016, 11:18 AM
we are interested in the concealed carry class but are wondering if it would be valid in Oklahoma?

See question #11 on this page (http://dps.texas.gov/rsd/chl/faqs/). Texas and Oklahoma have reciprocity on licenses. But it does occur to me that Oklahoma might prefer that their residents have OK licenses. So you might check OK laws.

Chippendale
06-18-2016, 12:33 PM
Nancy, thought I had already made my reservations, but I have now. Dolly and I will get there on Sept. 6th and leave on Sept. 12th and will be in site #19.

Thanks,
George

nander
06-18-2016, 02:53 PM
Nancy, thought I had already made my reservations, but I have now. Dolly and I will get there on Sept. 6th and leave on Sept. 12th and will be in site #19.

Thanks,
George

Got it, George! We look forward to seeing you & Dolly!

jayc
06-18-2016, 08:50 PM
Orville, I'll add you to the list of attendees, pending what you learn about licensing.

pegmikef
06-19-2016, 11:05 AM
Hey Jay, where is the local gun range near Canton? I know there is one in Kerrville that we have been to a couple of times, but didn't know there was one in Canton.

On edit: Never mind. I found one that really looks good in Wills Point, TX within 10 or 12 miles. It is Wiley's Gun Shop, covered 100 yard rifle range and 25 yard pistol range. Had good write ups. The shop is supposed to have a really good inventory, good prices and friendly people. One review I read said the range cost was 10 bucks for the first gun and 5 for each gun thereafter.

I think I see a road trip for some of us already licensed folks who want to do some one stop shooting and shopping. I suspect Dave will want to try his long guns out.

nander
06-19-2016, 02:35 PM
Hey Jay, where is the local gun range near Canton? I know there is one in Kerrville that we have been to a couple of times, but didn't know there was one in Canton.

On edit: Never mind. I found one that really looks good in Wills Point, TX within 10 or 12 miles. It is Wiley's Gun Shop, covered 100 yard rifle range and 25 yard pistol range. Had good write ups. The shop is supposed to have a really good inventory, good prices and friendly people. One review I read said the range cost was 10 bucks for the first gun and 5 for each gun thereafter.

I think I see a road trip for some of us already licensed folks who want to do some one stop shooting and shopping. I suspect Dave will want to try his long guns out.

I suspect Dave will want to bring his long guns too! I'll tell about it. He may want to check it out before the rally. It's not that far from us. Thanks, Mike!

jayc
06-19-2016, 10:12 PM
When I last spoke with Dave Tyler, he said that there is a gun club in/near Canton and he intends to join it to give us more of a "closed course" for the shooting portion of the class.

jayc
06-23-2016, 06:38 PM
I heard from Dave Tyler and updated thread #38 with further information on the License to Carry class.

pegmikef
06-24-2016, 05:09 PM
I heard from Dave Tyler and updated thread #38 with further information on the License to Carry class.

Jay, Unless it has changed you might point out that if you qualify with a revolver, only revolvers are covered by your license, but if you qualify with an automatic, then both automatics and revolvers are covered by your license. This may have changed since I last qualified, but I haven't seen anything that says it has.

jayc
06-24-2016, 06:01 PM
Mike, the law has indeed changed and you may qualify with either a revolver or semi auto and carry what you want.

I filled out my application online and got my fingerprint taken today.

coltsdad
06-24-2016, 11:39 PM
Nancy, you may have us down but I haven't replied to this thread. We will be there Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

jayc
06-25-2016, 01:48 PM
Great news! Jason and Audra are coming...!

nander
06-25-2016, 05:50 PM
Nancy, you may have us down but I haven't replied to this thread. We will be there Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

Great, Jason & Audra! I've got you down now. See you soon!

pegmikef
06-25-2016, 06:06 PM
Mike, the law has indeed changed and you may qualify with either a revolver or semi auto and carry what you want.

I filled out my application online and got my fingerprint taken today.

Thanks for the info. Probably changed it when they did the open carry deal.

webtx1
06-27-2016, 03:51 PM
We are looking forward to our first Heartland Owners rally, Sept. 9-11. We have made our reservations and look forward to meeting other Heartland owners.

Possum51
06-27-2016, 04:36 PM
Please put Pat and I down for the Canton rally. We will arrive Thursday the 8th and leave the 11th. Thanks!!

Elaine

nander
06-27-2016, 07:14 PM
We are looking forward to our first Heartland Owners rally, Sept. 9-11. We have made our reservations and look forward to meeting other Heartland owners.

Awesome, Steven & Idolina! I've got you down and we look forward to meeting you!

- - - Updated - - -

Please put Pat and I down for the Canton rally. We will arrive Thursday the 8th and leave the 11th. Thanks!!

Elaine

WooHoo, Pat & Elaine! It will be great to see you again!

jimtoo
06-27-2016, 09:38 PM
Hi Nancy & Dave,

Don't get to excited yet,,,, BUT MAYBE we will join you at the rally. We are trying to get things wrapped up and lined up where we can do a little traveling again. It is looking good for us and we should know in another week or so. Just wanted to warn you and the others. :) Hope no one cancels now. :)

Jim M

Terry H
06-27-2016, 10:49 PM
Jim, I hope you can make the Rally. Carol and I will be looking forward to seeing you and Bette.

nander
06-28-2016, 09:12 AM
Hi Nancy & Dave,

Don't get to excited yet,,,, BUT MAYBE we will join you at the rally. We are trying to get things wrapped up and lined up where we can do a little traveling again. It is looking good for us and we should know in another week or so. Just wanted to warn you and the others. :) Hope no one cancels now. :)

Jim M

Great, Jim! We'll keep our fingers crossed you both can make it!

jimtoo
07-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Great, Jim! We'll keep our fingers crossed you both can make it!

Well,,, There were some other things being planed I did not think about,,, so we will not be making the rally like I wanted to. SIL and a friend is coming in from Calif. for a visit.

I guess those that were thinking of canceling because we,,,, or I,,, was coming can continue to plan on attending and having a good time.

Maybe next time. :)

Jim M

nander
07-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Well,,, There were some other things being planed I did not think about,,, so we will not be making the rally like I wanted to. SIL and a friend is coming in from Calif. for a visit.

I guess those that were thinking of canceling because we,,,, or I,,, was coming can continue to plan on attending and having a good time.

Maybe next time. :)

Jim M

We will miss you!

nander
07-06-2016, 11:22 AM
PLEASE READ:

We will have a White Elephant Exchange at the rally. We did this at the Oklahoma Rally and it was alot of fun.
Don't go buy anything. Everyone has something they don't use. Bring your item in a paper bag - no name. We will number them.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

NTXNEWBIES
07-06-2016, 01:16 PM
You guys have any room for 2 more Texans?

nander
07-06-2016, 02:22 PM
You guys have any room for 2 more Texans?

Sure, come on out! Just call and make a reservation.

If you are not a member of the Owner's club, you will have to pay $20. But you should join the Club! :D
https://heartlandowners.org/club/
(https://heartlandowners.org/club/)
We look forward to meeting you!

RRT
07-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Nancy, we will attend. Reservations are made for the 9th thru the 11th. Judy will tag along with us.

nander
07-08-2016, 07:12 PM
Nancy, we will attend. Reservations are made for the 9th thru the 11th. Judy will tag along with us.

Great, Randy! I've got you'all down. Looking forward to seeing you again.

NTXNEWBIES
07-10-2016, 02:19 PM
Sure, come on out! Just call and make a reservation.

If you are not a member of the Owner's club, you will have to pay $20. But you should join the Club! :D
https://heartlandowners.org/club/
(https://heartlandowners.org/club/)
We look forward to meeting you!

We just registered as a full fledged HOC member and received our confirmation from the resort. We are looking forward to meeting new folks in our area and we will see everyone there!

- - - Updated - - -

We will be rolling in on the afternoon of Thursday the 8th of September. See y'all then!

nander
07-10-2016, 02:33 PM
We just registered as a full fledged HOC member and received our confirmation from the resort. We are looking forward to meeting new folks in our area and we will see everyone there!

- - - Updated - - -

We will be rolling in on the afternoon of Thursday the 8th of September. See y'all then!

Woo Hoo! Looking forward to meeting you!

Nancy

wingrider05
07-13-2016, 05:12 PM
Hello we are Mike and Janice Miller. We just bought our Heartland 365 in January and joined HOC last week. Just made reservations for the Canton Rally. This will be our first. arriving 9/8 departing 9/11.

nander
07-13-2016, 05:19 PM
Hello we are Mike and Janice Miller. We just bought our Heartland 365 in January and joined HOC last week. Just made reservations for the Canton Rally. This will be our first. arriving 9/8 departing 9/11.

Awesome, Mike & Janice! We look forward to meeting you!

Nancy

Mike&Vickey
08-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Looking forward to coming to our second rally See you then We arrive Thursday the 8th and leave Monday the 12th

nander
08-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Looking forward to coming to our second rally See you then We arrive Thursday the 8th and leave Monday the 12th

Great Mike &Vickey! We look forward to seeing you again!

webtx1
08-02-2016, 12:49 PM

Well, our apologies, but we had to cancel our reservations. We decided to buy a home and move back to North Carolina. We'll look for a Heartland group there. Hope everyone has a great time in Canton!

nander
08-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Well, our apologies, but we had to cancel our reservations. We decided to buy a home and move back to North Carolina. We'll look for a Heartland group there. Hope everyone has a great time in Canton!

Good luck! Maybe we'll see you down the road at another rally!

nander
08-08-2016, 10:24 AM
One day left to make a reservation for the Canton Rally! The sites not reserved will be released back to Mill Creek tomorrow, Aug 9. If you make a reservation after that date, you may not be close to our group.

Make your reservation today!

rxbristol
08-08-2016, 05:20 PM
We're coming in on the 7th and leaving on the 11th. We'll be in spot 29.

nander
08-08-2016, 05:39 PM
Great Rex & Karen! We look forward to seeing you again!

TravelTiger
08-08-2016, 05:55 PM
I spent some time trying to see if we could make it, but Tony has a football game Friday. Looked into the cabin rentals, OUCH! may just have to miss you guys. We'll have to play it by ear, if we could come for the day or something.

But if anyone is traveling I-20 from West Texas, towards DFW, please stop and say hi, we're between Cisco and Eastland. MM337. PM me!

9-larry
08-09-2016, 03:23 PM
mary ann and larry will be coming in 9-8to 9-11 looking forward to seeing every one again. trailer is back in good condition ( I hope)

nander
08-09-2016, 04:14 PM
Awesome, Larry! We have missed you!

What happened to the trailer?

- - - Updated - - -

I spent some time trying to see if we could make it, but Tony has a football game Friday. Looked into the cabin rentals, OUCH! may just have to miss you guys. We'll have to play it by ear, if we could come for the day or something.

But if anyone is traveling I-20 from West Texas, towards DFW, please stop and say hi, we're between Cisco and Eastland. MM337. PM me!

No problem, Erika! We understand some people have to work! ;):rolleyes:

barryh49
08-14-2016, 02:36 PM
We just signed up for the Canton rally. We'll arrive the 9th and leave the 11th. Look forward to seeing yall.

Barry & Jan Hoover

nander
08-15-2016, 05:08 PM
We just signed up for the Canton rally. We'll arrive the 9th and leave the 11th. Look forward to seeing yall.

Barry & Jan Hoover

Great, Barry & Jan! We look forward to seeing you again!

nander
08-16-2016, 10:28 AM
ExploreUSA in Canton will host a lunch at their Canton location on Sept 10 (Saturday) beginning at 11:30am. They will grill some goodies for our lunch and have new coaches available for us to browse. Of course, if you are in the market, they will be ready to deal!

Don't forget our White Elephant exchange. Bring a white elephant in a bag - no name. We will exchange on Saturday evening after the potluck.

Info on the License To Carry Class taught by our own Dave Tyler will be on Thursday, Sept 8. More info in post #38.

(https://www.heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/59151-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-TX-Canton-9-9-2016-to-9-11-2016/page5)

Chippendale
08-16-2016, 12:14 PM
Nancy, Dolly and I are going to be arriving on the 7th instead of the 6th. I have already notified the park of our change in plans. Look forward to seeing everyone. Thanks, George

teasac69
08-16-2016, 04:38 PM
Nancy,
I know we don't need another "seminar" on the disc brakes and tires but I think Jay Coffman is coming and he and I can share our experiences and even pull a wheel off and let folks get an up close and personal look at the system installed on our coaches and talk about how to get one done on your rig. Once I know my site and Jay's, he and I will put out that info and let you know where they can come to talk and see. I'm also trying to rig up an air gauge test station so let folks bring their air gauges by to see if they are accurate or at least what their actual reading is. I just returned from 3,700 miles of high country travel in Colorado and Arizona and believe me, I was glad I had my disc brakes many times.

See everyone in Canton.

nander
08-16-2016, 05:51 PM
Nancy,
I know we don't need another "seminar" on the disc brakes and tires but I think Jay Coffman is coming and he and I can share our experiences and even pull a wheel off and let folks get an up close and personal look at the system installed on our coaches and talk about how to get one done on your rig. Once I know my site and Jay's, he and I will put out that info and let you know where they can come to talk and see. I'm also trying to rig up an air gauge test station so let folks bring their air gauges by to see if they are accurate or at least what their actual reading is. I just returned from 3,700 miles of high country travel in Colorado and Arizona and believe me, I was glad I had my disc brakes many times.

See everyone in Canton.

Thanks, Tim. We also got the disc brakes and Dave installed them. He loves them.
Sounds like a plan!

U2fletch
08-16-2016, 06:08 PM
Just noticed on the event roster that we are not listed. See post #26. We are Jeff and Lisa Fletcher. HOC members and will be coming up a few days earlier than we originally planned.

2017 Cyclone 3110 HD
2009 Yamaha Stratoliner
2013 Honda CBR600RR (track bike)
2005 F350 DRW

rxbristol
08-16-2016, 06:22 PM
ExploreUSA in Canton will host a lunch at their Canton location on Sept 10 (Saturday) beginning at 11:30am. They will grill some goodies for our lunch and have new coaches available for us to browse. Of course, if you are in the market, they will be ready to deal!
(https://www.heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/59151-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-TX-Canton-9-9-2016-to-9-11-2016/page5)

Neat.

- - - Updated - - -

Nancy,

See everyone in Canton.

That's exciting.

nander
08-16-2016, 07:19 PM
Just noticed on the event roster that we are not listed. See post #26. We are Jeff and Lisa Fletcher. HOC members and will be coming up a few days earlier than we originally planned.

2017 Cyclone 3110 HD
2009 Yamaha Stratoliner
2013 Honda CBR600RR (track bike)
2005 F350 DRW

I'm so sorry, Jeff & Lisa! I've got you down now!
Thanks for noticing.

Fulltimers
08-16-2016, 08:16 PM
We are looking forward to seeing everyone next month. We are number 11 and have Site 7 reserved. We may get in early - just waiting on a new schedule where I work, the 9th at the latest as we are coming from Waco. Safe travels for everyone.

TravelTiger
08-16-2016, 10:34 PM
Well, I convinced Tony to come to the Rally for the day Saturday, no rig though. We'll decide after the festivities whether to drive back, stay with family or in a hotel. Have reservations, just in case. Count us in to meet y'all at ExploreUSA and attend the potluck and white elephant!

rxbristol
08-16-2016, 10:47 PM
Well, I convinced Tony to come to the Rally for the day Saturday, no rig though. We'll decide after the festivities whether to drive back, stay with family or in a hotel. Have reservations, just in case. Count us in to meet y'all at ExploreUSA and attend the potluck and white elephant!

Super, glad you could make it.

nander
08-17-2016, 08:21 AM

Awesome, Erika! We look forward to seeing you!

- - - Updated - - -

We are looking forward to seeing everyone next month. We are number 11 and have Site 7 reserved. We may get in early - just waiting on a new schedule where I work, the 9th at the latest as we are coming from Waco. Safe travels for everyone.

We look forward to meeting you, Kerry & Jere!
Safe travels!

nander
08-20-2016, 10:57 AM
Received a message from Aletha that she and John are coming to the rally! It will be great to see them!

Chippendale
08-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Nancy, please put me down to take Dave Tyler's concealed weapons course. Dolly says she doesn't want to take it, doesn't trust him.
Thanks,
George

nander
08-20-2016, 11:43 AM
Nancy, please put me down to take Dave Tyler's concealed weapons course. Dolly says she doesn't want to take it, doesn't trust him.
Thanks,
George

Will do, George.
Dolly might have a good point! Hahaha!

pegmikef
08-21-2016, 10:32 AM
I thought I had posted it earlier, but don't see it on the list. Arrive Sep 6, depart 13 Sep, Site 15.

nander
08-21-2016, 11:40 AM
I thought I had posted it earlier, but don't see it on the list. Arrive Sep 6, depart 13 Sep, Site 15.

Thanks, Mike!

dlw930
08-21-2016, 02:05 PM
Will do, George.
Dolly might have a good point! Hahaha!

I'm not getting in the middle of this :-) but in my experience dogs are an impeccable judge of character. Knowing Dolly as I do, I'm sure she's no exception!

rxbristol
08-21-2016, 02:41 PM
Nancy,

Can you put Karen down for the CHL class?

Thank you,

Rex

nander
08-21-2016, 02:50 PM
Nancy,

Can you put Karen down for the CHL class?

Thank you,

Rex

Will do, Rex!

Chippendale
08-21-2016, 03:21 PM
I'm not getting in the middle of this :-) but in my experience dogs are an impeccable judge of character. Knowing Dolly as I do, I'm sure she's no exception!

I wouldn't be too sure about her "judge of character", she does hang around with me a lot. Where are you guys now? I am sitting in Pagosa Springs until the 28th and then moving over to Creede. If you all pass through here, let me know and I will wave at you.

pegmikef
08-21-2016, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't be too sure about her "judge of character", she does hang around with me a lot. Where are you guys now? I am sitting in Pagosa Springs until the 28th and then moving over to Creede. If you all pass through here, let me know and I will wave at you.

You know Dan and Ann Mayer live in Pagosa Springs don't you?

Chippendale
08-21-2016, 03:55 PM
You know Dan and Ann Mayer live in Pagosa Springs don't you?

Yeah, but I think they are up at Breckenridge. I am just enjoying the weather and this little park I am in. Ed and Susan Potts were here for a couple of days and are now in Creede, I am moving over there next Sunday and then we are traveling to Canton together in a couple of weeks.

danemayer
08-21-2016, 04:32 PM
Yep, we're in Breckenridge at the moment and will be back in Pagosa Springs right after Labor Day.

NTXNEWBIES
08-21-2016, 06:12 PM
Beryl and Donna will be in site 64 beginning evening of Thursday the 8th with the newest member of our family 10 week old Sheltie we call Bella. This is our first rally and we are really excited!

nander
08-21-2016, 06:18 PM
Beryl and Donna will be in site 64 beginning evening of Thursday the 8th with the newest member of our family 10 week old Sheltie we call Bella. This is our first rally and we are really excited!

We are so glad you're coming! We look forward to meeting you and Bella!

alethaj
08-21-2016, 08:29 PM
Please add John and I....checking in Sept 8...out Sept 12 into space 35...really looking forward to seeing everyone

rxbristol
08-21-2016, 10:41 PM
We changed our arrival date to the 6th.

nander
08-22-2016, 01:14 PM
I have added the agenda to the first post.

Please remember to bring a white elephant for the exchange. Of course, you don't have to participate if you don't want to.

Also, if you are interested in playing golf on Friday, please let me know. Dave will make a tee time.

TravelTiger
08-22-2016, 03:50 PM
Nancy, is this an RV related item for the White Elephant, or just anything? Is it to exchange useful stuff, or give away silly items? Sorry, I haven't been to a rally doing this! But love White Elephant exchanges, and we've participated in many variations.

nander
08-22-2016, 04:14 PM
Erika, it can be anything...rv related or not. We did this at the OK rally and it was fun. Most of the items at that exchange were rv related since it was a last minute thing. I had a request to do this again. We all have things we don't use anymore. [emoji6].

Nancy

danemayer
08-22-2016, 04:27 PM
Erika,

Just remember, in RVs, you can never have too many flashlights, knives, or bandaids. :rolleyes:

pegmikef
08-22-2016, 04:41 PM
Erika, you might also see some things that were given as door prizes at other rallies being regifted.

TravelTiger
08-22-2016, 10:59 PM
I am sure we'll have something, somehow fulltiming we have a 5x10 storage shed almost full. (eek!)

I guess I could bring the Cisco Mighty Lobo Band "ASSISANT Director" embroidered polo that Tony will never wear. Yes, it said ASSISANT. LOL!

DaveTyler
08-23-2016, 06:06 PM
What size is the shirt, Erika? Another thing would be a box of 100 Winchester 9mm.

nander
08-24-2016, 08:03 PM
Received a PM from Joe & Anne Maxwell. They are coming to the rally! We look forward to seeing you!

Terry H
08-24-2016, 10:40 PM
Unfortunately, once again we will not make another North Texas Rally.:( I am hoping we can make the next one. It is taking us longer to make the transition to full timing than we estimated. We will miss being with our Heartland North Texas friends. I called and canceled our reservations with Mill Creek.

TravelTiger
08-24-2016, 11:00 PM
Unfortunately, once again we will not make another North Texas Rally.:( I am hoping we can make the next one. It is taking us longer to make the transition to full timing than we estimated. We will miss being with our Heartland North Texas friends. I called and canceled our reservations with Mill Creek.

Rats, we will miss you guys! Could you come for just the day, (without the rig) like we are?

- - - Updated - - -

What size is the shirt, Erika? Another thing would be a box of 100 Winchester 9mm.

Dave its 2X. And no seriously we don't want to advertise the typo. Cisco is an exemplary school district, the shirt co. messed up.

Terry H
08-24-2016, 11:20 PM
Rats, we will miss you guys! Could you come for just the day, (without the rig) like we are?

We would love to, but we will be moving our some belongings to storage and delivering other belongings to our kids houses that weekend. Our kids will be assisting us, because they owe us a move! Since we have helped them moved a few times. We will miss seeing you and Tony.

nander
08-25-2016, 08:53 AM

We will miss you, Terry & Carol! Hope to see you at least in Las Vegas???

Terry H
08-25-2016, 10:57 PM
Yes, we will be in Las Vegas!

gwalter
08-25-2016, 11:49 PM
Terry, hope you are still heading to CO Rally. We are looking forward to meeting you.

Terry H
08-26-2016, 01:17 AM
Terry, hope you are still heading tothe CO Rally. We are looking forward to meeting you.

Yes, we plan on arriving on the 14th instead of the 12th.

Terry H

pegmikef
08-28-2016, 10:53 AM
Nancy, Have you looked at the sites some of us have been assigned? They are all over the place. Are we supposed to be kind of grouped together? I don't really care either way because all of the sites are pretty nice, but I didn't know what kind of deal you worked out with them.

nander
08-28-2016, 12:30 PM
Nancy, Have you looked at the sites some of us have been assigned? They are all over the place. Are we supposed to be kind of grouped together? I don't really care either way because all of the sites are pretty nice, but I didn't know what kind of deal you worked out with them.

We are supposed to be together. I'll call them tomorrow. Thanks!

Nancy

pegmikef
08-28-2016, 03:06 PM
We are supposed to be together. I'll call them tomorrow. Thanks!

Nancy

Ok. Before you call take a look at your attendee list and the sites' location on the web site's park map. You can expand the map, then click on the bath house or office (any of the circles) and it will zoom in so you can read the numbers. The sites right now are all on the same side of the lake but all over.

nander
08-29-2016, 10:05 AM
Ok. Before you call take a look at your attendee list and the sites' location on the web site's park map. You can expand the map, then click on the bath house or office (any of the circles) and it will zoom in so you can read the numbers. The sites right now are all on the same side of the lake but all over.

I called Mill Creek and now have everyone's site number. It has been added to the attendee list in the first post. We are all together. We take up most of the first three rows. The Christian's are in site 64. I have sent them a PM to see if they want to move. The other one in 54 requested that site.

Look forward to seeing everyone next week! Don't forget the White Elephant Exchange and the gun class.

lisabeaty
08-29-2016, 10:24 AM
Hi Nancy! Walter and I will be there. I just made the reservation so we will be just across the tree line in spot 54. Look forward to seeing everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

We're in spot 54!

nander
08-29-2016, 10:31 AM
Hi Nancy! Walter and I will be there. I just made the reservation so we will be just across the tree line in spot 54. Look forward to seeing everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

We're in spot 54!

Awesome! It will be great to see you both!

WRIGHT ll
08-29-2016, 11:09 AM
Just called to make sure what day we are scheduled to arrive and to find out our space number! We will be there on the seventh and will be in space six. See you then, Orville and barbara

lisabeaty
08-29-2016, 11:30 AM
You mentioned something in a previous thread about a gun class. I didn't see that on the agenda. What and when is that?

nander
08-29-2016, 11:43 AM
You mentioned something in a previous thread about a gun class. I didn't see that on the agenda. What and when is that?

Lisa,
Dave Tyler is going to teach an LTC class on Thursday, Sept 8. The info is in post 38 (I think). It will cost $75. If you are interested, please post so he can add you to the list.

lisabeaty
08-29-2016, 12:00 PM
OK, I found it. Wish I could be there but we won't be arriving until the evening of the 8th.

Thanks!

pegmikef
08-29-2016, 02:58 PM
Nancy, it was the site 64 that I reacted to, but I didn't have many numbers then so it looked all spread out.

U2fletch
09-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Woohoo! Jeff and Lisa are coming up earlier than planned. We are rolling into spot 9 on the 6th. Bringing the big bike so we can do a little sightseeing before everyone else arrives.

nander
09-05-2016, 05:05 PM
Woohoo! Jeff and Lisa are coming up earlier than planned. We are rolling into spot 9 on the 6th. Bringing the big bike so we can do a little sightseeing before everyone else arrives.

Awesome! Jay & Stella will be there tomorrow also. We'll see you Wed!

Nancy

Heathcote4
09-06-2016, 12:03 PM
The Heathcotes will have to miss the fall rally this year. Our daughter has a football game this weekend she will be cheering for. Have fun, everyone! Hope to see you all next spring!

nander
09-06-2016, 12:29 PM
The Heathcotes will have to miss the fall rally this year. Our daughter has a football game this weekend she will be cheering for. Have fun, everyone! Hope to see you all next spring!

We will miss you'all. Have a great football season!

Nancy

pegmikef
09-06-2016, 05:55 PM
To all the early arrivals, Peggy is going to be doing bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers tomorrow (Wednesday) between four and five in the afternoon. All are welcome at site 15. It will be FIFS until they are gone.

nander
09-06-2016, 06:04 PM
To all the early arrivals, Peggy is going to be doing bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers tomorrow (Wednesday) between four and five in the afternoon. All are welcome at site 15. It will be FIFS until they are gone.

Yummy! Can't wait!

We have had 3 more cancellations, David & Susan Gondren, Scott & Karen Creager, & Joe & Anne Maxwell. We will miss them!

wingrider05
09-07-2016, 05:21 PM
This is our first Rally! Looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully getting some
questions answered about our rig!!

nander
09-07-2016, 07:37 PM
This is our first Rally! Looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully getting some
questions answered about our rig!!

We look forward to meeting you! Yep, we need a check valve for our water pump. Good thing there are several here who can help fix it!

Nancy

pegmikef
09-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Thanks Dave and Nancy for another great rally. We got to see a lot of our friends and met some new ones. We had some extras like getting to shoot and visiting ExploreUSA for lunch. The bonus was all the great food at the pot luck. I am convinced that most everyone prepares what they feel is their best recipe for potlucks so it is always good. Thanks again for all the effort you both put in making these North Texas rallies happen.

Fulltimers
09-11-2016, 08:42 PM
We made it back to Waco. Thanks for putting together a great Rally. We really enjoyed it.

Not sure, but we think our water check valve may have gone crazy. It cycles water to the fresh tank no matter what position the control knob is in. We will have out local repair guy stop by and confirm tomorrow.

Again, thanks for a great weekend. Looking forward to any photos you may be posting.

The Happy Gypsies,

Kerry and Jere

nander
09-11-2016, 09:26 PM
We made it back to Waco. Thanks for putting together a great Rally. We really enjoyed it.

Not sure, but we think our water check valve may have gone crazy. It cycles water to the fresh tank no matter what position the control knob is in. We will have out local repair guy stop by and confirm tomorrow.

Again, thanks for a great weekend. Looking forward to any photos you may be posting.

The Happy Gypsies,

Kerry and Jere

Glad you made it back safely!

The check valve is what we were dealing with all weekend. Our fresh water tank was filling with the city water on. The Anderson 4-way valve was the problem. One of the o-rings was cracked. There are some threads on the forum dealing with this issue.

I will get the pics posted!

nander
09-11-2016, 09:56 PM
Here are some pics.

Fulltimers
09-12-2016, 04:04 PM
Heartland is over nighting the upgraded version to the o-ring issue. Will let you all know when I get and install it.

nander
09-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Heartland is over nighting the upgraded version to the o-ring issue. Will let you all know when I get and install it.

Can't wait to see that. Please take a picture and post it.

Nancy

U2fletch
09-14-2016, 10:17 AM
Lisa and I had a great time at the Rally meeting everyone. Can't wait to attend some more!

Here is a short video from Saturday evening....

https://youtu.be/S_Nork-IIhM

TravelTiger
09-14-2016, 10:44 AM
Lisa and I had a great time at the Rally meeting everyone. Can't wait to attend some more!

Very Cool! It was great meeting you guys, too!

nander
09-14-2016, 11:12 AM

Awesome video! We are so glad you came! We hope to see you at lots more rallies!

jayc
09-14-2016, 05:09 PM
Very cool video! It was nice meeting you and Lisa and we can't wait to see y'all again.

rxbristol
09-14-2016, 08:05 PM

Nice video, Jeff--thank you for posting. Rather low altitude for a former Dragon Lady flyer.

U2fletch
09-15-2016, 05:02 AM
Hah, hah. Yes. Our 9th RW motto was " In God We Trust...All Others We Monitor"

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk