Full timer

Noofear

Just heard my house sold after being on the market for only three weeks. I'm full-time now and new adventures ahead for me and my 3875FB.
36fa4a476c37c2df463660ff72a54d5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

Congrats! Our house has been on the market 10 days but we're already full timing. Looking to be "house-less" soon! :)

Noofear

I've been living in the trailer since last December so I guess I have been full time for a while

Birchwood

We have been living in our Landmark since late 2009 and not about to change anytime soon.Can't ever imagine living in a house again but time will tell.

MTPockets

Congrats on the house sales! ..... We've really enjoyed the lifestyle full timing this past 4 1/2 years. No regrets, educational in several ways, and glad we did it when we did it. We hit a little pot hole (figuratively) in January, but that's another subject for another thread.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We've been homeless (houseless) since 2007 and have enjoyed every minute of it.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We've been fulltiming for nine year Escapees Class of 2007 Fulltimer's. Welcome to the lifestyle were "Everyday is a Saturday" and "We're on vacation the rest of our life".

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

dlw930

We've been full-timing for two months and loving it. We sold our house without putting it on the market. A buyer practically fell out of the sky. We closed Feb. 26 and have yet to look back. We're learning from those who've been doing this for longer than us. Joined Escapees back in Jan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to get something bigger than what I have, before I can become a full timer. Oh! I forgot I still have to work for a living so some of you get a check every month... I can't wait to join in,!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats! We are fulltimers, in that we no longer own sticks and bricks, but we both still work full time. We envy those who are retired and get to travel!! One day....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
While we purchased our Prowler to fit our already purchased new truck that was overkill to pull our previous Heartland bumper pull trailer . . .

It was also a Godsend as we might have been tempted to get one of the bigger 5'vers already, had we bought the big dually diesel to pull our bumper pull trailer!

I'd rather save that until it is time to retire instead of already having one with everything now so that when it is time to upgrade for retirement . . . there isn't much left to look forward to . . . except something that is only newer than what we already might have!

If that makes any sense . . .

Noofear

While we purchased our Prowler to fit our already purchased new truck that was overkill to pull our previous Heartland bumper pull trailer . . .

It was also a Godsend as we might have been tempted to get one of the bigger 5'vers already, had we bought the big dually diesel to pull our bumper pull trailer!

I'd rather save that until it is time to retire instead of already having one with everything now so that when it is time to upgrade for retirement . . . there isn't much left to look forward to . . . except something that is only newer than what we already might have!

If that makes any sense . . .
Well I am retired and pulled a 35 footer for 6 years with my dually. Dually is now paid for and will probably outlast me. Just a trailer payment now and not much of that since the house sold. Would never have done any of this if my wife hadn't died last year. Time to quit stalling and start doing.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well I am retired and pulled a 35 footer for 6 years with my dually. Dually is now paid for and will probably outlast me. Just a trailer payment now and not much of that since the house sold. Would never have done any of this if my wife hadn't died last year. Time to quit stalling and start doing.

Sorry to hear about your loss . . . hope everything works out to your advantage!

Since you already have the dually . . . why not go for what you can haul?

We had to do it backwards . . .

We didn't need a dually, so opted for a 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD SRW as it was way more than what we needed at the time.

However, after having some very major wheel bearing, axle and spring issues with our brand new Heartland bumper-pull trailer . . . we had it fixed and traded it off one week later for a 5th-wheel Heartland Prowler!

We picked the Prowler due to the fact that it was well within the weight of the hauling details of our new truck.

Hope that makes sense . . .

jbeletti

Noofear - congrats on selling the house so quickly. Sorry for the loss of your wife. Wishing you all the bet on your fulltime adventures. I see you joined the Heartland Owners Club. Time to join us at a few rallies this year. You'll be glad you did.