Extended warranty, yes or no ???

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader
We pick up our Bighorn 3370 monday, last item to sort out is the extended warranty or service contract by a third party. I know many times they deny fixing everything they can get out of, its how they keep your $$$. But according to the dealer in Calif. they kicked out most of the companies doing poor buisness and only 4 remain, the one company they recommend supposidly they do perform good service. The deal is 7 years, zero deductable, they come to wherever you are located and replace parts not repair, price is $2890. If something goes wrong I guess I would like to have good service, but Heartland makes an excellent product so maybe I don't need it ??? I am fairly handy and can fix most smaller items but if something big went out, well thats my dilema ??? Please chime in. Thanks :confused:

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader
P.s.

Factory warranty is 1 year everything, some of the appliances have longer warranties. :confused:

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
i guess i got a real good deal but my 7 year zero deductible diamond plan for Phoenix American was under $900. IMHO I would check thru third parties and internet searches, to get the best deal which often doesn't come thru the dealer. One of the criteria is a web site and make sure they are reputable. It covered everything one could hope for including normal wear and tear which was essential. The only negative I found on most policies is that if a part fails and another part that is intrically associated that still works but has to be replaced is not covered. good luck.

Clark

Keep in mind that you do not have to buy into an extended warrenty during closure on your BH3370. You will probably get advertisements for extended warrenties over the next several years. My advise is to hold off until the Heartland warrenty is almost up, say in eleven months, then find the best warrenty that you can. And read the fine print very carefully.
Clark