New 2900RK!

ash289

Well, we unloaded the Coleman Caravan and stepped up to the 2008 model 2900RK. Bought it at Americamp in Asheboro, NC. Very good purchase experience.

I need suggestions on slide out awnings & storage covers.

Now if I can just sell the F150 so I can get a truck to pull the new camper. Diesels are definitely "on sale."

We're supposed to go to Pigeon Forge at the end of June!

Looking forward to you folks helping us out a lot.

Allen & Miriam Hendricks
Summerville, SC

jbeletti

Hi Allen and Miriam,

Congrats on "moving in"!

This weekend is a great one to pickup that new truck, get that hitch installed and head on down to Branson, MO next weekend to meet over a hundred other Heartlanders!

Happy camping.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Allen & Miriam, welcome to the family. That's quite a step up and I bet you'll love the climb. As for slide out awnings, some have them and some don't. I think it's a personal choice. They help with debris in that you don't have to climb up and clean off the leaves etc. We've never had them and haven't had any problems. Covers are the same way. Before we went full time, I had a cover in 1995 for a class C RV that tore the first year. I thought I had it secured good enough but it loosened up and ripped on a windy winter day. I suppose they help if they fit right. Haven't had one since. Again, before we went full time, we would store the trailer with the vents open under the vent covers and never had any problems with anything. Travel safe and have FUN.

ash289

Hey, thanks a bunch. I'm chomping at the bit to get my F150 sold so I can get a F250. There are plenty of them out there and quite a few approaching true wholesale.
Is there something I can do to the outside plastic to keep the sun from baking it to powder in 3 years? My TT was 5 years old but it looked 10. I was about to have to start replacing all the outside plastic.

theharveys

Congratulations on your new purchase. We spent a week in Pigeon Forge a couple years ago. We stayed at the Pigeon Forge KOA. It is a nice campground located right on the river. While there, we took a bus tour up into the Smokey Mountains...very beautiful country.

ash289

Well, we still love it.
We took the 2900 rk out last weekend for a short run two night stay outside of Beaufort, SC.
Now we're in Pigeon Forge, TN, for the week and all is well, mostly.
Got a slow leak in the black tank valve that will have to be repaired/replaced.
I discovered that the cable & satellite cables were cross at the inside wall plate & also had to replace all of the coax connectors - super easy. Signal now works through either. Can't try out my Dish network because there is a mountain in the way.
All other systems are GO!
We couldn't be happier with our purchase!
Thank you Heartland!

Netem

If your talking about the plastic on the stove vent, door window frame etc. paint it with some white Krylon spray paint. I painted my last 5ver and still looked good when I traded it and it was 8 years old. For the sides just keep it waxed.

ash289

The vent cover is actually broken in the corner.
However, the spray paint is a great idea.
My window trim around the door is already yellow.