Garmin GPS software

BigBlue

BigBlue
Hi All
If you have a Garmin GPS, go to the Garmin site and check to see if their new software "NRouter" works on your GPS. I've made two trips now with it and it works very well.

What it gives you is a "route to destination" capability with audio directions. If you go off the route, it recalculates and it's quick. The screen is very easy to read and the audio is very understandable. The software uses the Mapsource data so you have to have that software as well. The software is compatable with quite a few of Garmin's GPS units.

Two of the features that make is really useable for me is the direction line at the top of the screen. The text is large so you can read it with a quick glance. Another features that is very helpful is the ability to have your current position and the next turn visable. What this means is the screen keeps zooming in as you approach the next turn. After the turn it zooms back out to show your current position and the next turn.

Jim

BigBlue

BigBlue
I have a Garmin 60CS. No it isn't for all Garmin models but it looks like it does work with quite a few. There is a list on the Garmin site