Clicking sound in bedroom of a bighorn 5th wheel

anclayton

We are new to full time rving (one month in!). In the last week there started to be a clicking or snapping sound in the front of the bedroom when you walk around or roll over in bed. Is this normal settling? I'm worried the hydraulics of the stabilizer legs in front have something going on with them. We put a fast jack under the pin but it didn't stop the noise.

danemayer

Hi anclayton,

The autoleveling system can make a clanking sound, although rolling over in bed isn't generally associated with the noise. Most people notice it when there are big temperature swings.

Lippert has a LIP Sheet (LIP 0295 - Noisy Jacks) that deals with the problem by replacing some of the hydraulic fluid with an anti-stiction additive.

anclayton

Thanks Dan, we are in a 2013 Bighorn but it doesn't have an auto leveling system. Would this still apply? I'm not sure it's the jacks but I can't think of anything else!

danemayer

Thanks Dan, we are in a 2013 Bighorn but it doesn't have an auto leveling system. Would this still apply? I'm not sure it's the jacks but I can't think of anything else!

The LIP sheet just says Leveling System. Maybe that includes the front-to-rear leveling of the hydraulic landing gear. You can get a quart of the fluid from Amazon fairly inexpensively and try it.

Mrsfish

Our front hydraulic legs (front landing legs) popped all the time when we first got it. Would have sworn it was about ready to collapse! Followed the instructions and used CAT oil and it all stopped. Btw - just noticed on our last trip that a little bit of the popping has come back. It's been 3 years since we did our original treatment so I'm thinking there must be a life limit to this fix. Going to do it again before the start of the summer season.