Creeking Flooor in Bathrrom/Hallway

busted2341

In our Ashland we have now begun to hear and creaking/squeaking, like an old wood floor type creaking only in the hallway and shower. Any ideas why this would begin or how to stop it? Of course the creaking only occurs when walking on the floor. I do not feel any "softness" or "sinking" but the creek from walking is definitely there. I have checked the undercarriage and storage and DO NOT see any water damage or leak that would soak the subfloor, so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My guess is the cross beams (or more like cross sticks) is probably not nailed in good. They use light weight wood under there with air nails and staples. That my have mist with the nail gun.
I think you could get under there going in from the basement and maybe pull the drware out of the stairs and add some good drywall screws and maybe even add a good 2X4 across under where you are getting the noise.
This is under my Ashland if you have looked under there yet.
e8373435f8bd3b24606a5a3a0fdacf66.jpg

60846dcb5dc5dec491f2cd2ae2ccc977.jpg

This is the heater vent in the steps.
So now after looking at the pictures more the hallway floor is sealed in there and I think it is aluminum cross members.
So all of my first theory may be wrong.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Sorry for my horrable sketches but I'm doing it on my phone with my finger.
You could always install a support brace out of 2x4's in the middle if it's really bugging you.
443fef7f7b619a76b4dd9f94cb2cadc6.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Frank,

I've attached a page from a 2013 Landmark booklet that describes the laminated floor construction. I don't think there's a current version of this booklet, but the floor is probably made the same way on your 2016 Ashland.

Creaking is pretty unlikely with the laminated structure, so I'm wondering if perhaps something attached to the floor is what's creaking. Maybe loose cabinetry or vanity. Maybe you can press on things to see if you can localize the noise.

Attachments

• 2013 Landmark Floor construction.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 43

Routemaster

Can I represent this thread I also have a creaking floor in the bedroom hallway along with other stuff to deal with, this is somewhere in the area of where that outrigger is coming away from the frame maybe the wall is sagging. Then Dan I pulled up that PDF file above and I wondered if one could drive screws through the floor into the floor joists if one knew the centers. Looking at Jess's picture could try that
Den.

sengli

Be aware that the sub floor is a laminated structure of aluminum beams and foam and luan plywood.