TST TPMS issues

szewczyk_john

This past trip, I had a few sensors showing low battery and one sensor not reading at all. I had the o-rings and stuff in the trailer so I decided to replace all the batteries. I had two sensors off the tow vehicle that had the screw heads strip out on me. I just emailed TST to see if I can by new housings and just break these ones open. I searched the forum to see if anyone else had similar issues but found no posts. Hoping that TST will offer me new housing units instead of trying to make me purchase new sensors.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes using a different size Phillips tip screwdriver will get those stubborn pucked screws out.
Worth a try.

Peace
Dave

szewczyk_john

AS do I and I did try a different sized tip but they are rounded out. I just don't think that I can get them out without breaking the screw hole of the case. I will post an update as soon as TST gets beck to me. They have always been a great company and stood behind there product.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
AS do I and I did try a different sized tip but they are rounded out. I just don't think that I can get them out without breaking the screw hole of the case. I will post an update as soon as TST gets beck to me. They have always been a great company and stood behind there product.

They will likely work with you. I had a sensor that quit working even after replacing the battery, they shipped me a new one and return label for the old one, and ours were about 2 or 3 years old at the time. The "new" one was likely not brand new, but it worked!