Campgrounds near Elkhart IN

dlw930

We'll be in the IN/OH/MI area this summer and planning a trip to Elkhart to look for replacement LR furniture. What are some good, reasonably priced campgrounds in the area (other than the Elkhart County Fairgrounds)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
In Elkhart, we like the Elkhart Campgrounds. In Shipshewana we like the Shipshewana campground South park. If you're looking for furniture, try Lambright's Fine Furniture in Topeka IN, near Shipshewana.

carl.swoyer

We recently changed out our furniture. However dollar for dollar we were able to get residential genuine leather cheaper than to over priced Rv bonded leather furniture. We found ours at Carolina furniture in Florida.

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

carl.swoyer

11bbbda97c00ca21afe769d79c1a8745.jpg
fac12d1b2d2b23db34c259f8cc611b08.jpg

We also changed the fabric on the dinette chairs and used the same for the window toppers

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

carl.swoyer

c17747b77a269c51285c3377f4d4e29e.jpg

sengli

There is a state park in the south bend area called potato creek. Its like 20 miles from the heartland factory. They have like 400 sites and we really like the campground.

Jv75353

Check out Eby Pines Campground. It's located on Highway 120 east of Bristol, Indiana which is about halfway between Elkhart and Shipshewana.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Check out Eby Pines Campground. It's located on Highway 120 east of Bristol, Indiana which is about halfway between Elkhart and Shipshewana.

Wow . . . I forgot about Eby Pines . . .

We used to live in Bristol, IN when I was a kid and camped there a few times.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I checked both the Elkhart Campground and the Shipshewana Campground but didn't know which was closer to the factory and which is better?

dlw930

We decided to stay in Shipsewana South campground since it's close to Lambright's and the Amish area. If we were going to Heartland's facilities, we'd stay in Elkhart. Thanks for the suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Shipshewana is about 25 miles east of Elkhart . . .

Where is the Heartland facility in Elkhart (it has been 40 years since I lived near there, so don't remember the town that much).

wdk450

Heartland is right next to I-80 South side (visible from the tollway) at the Elkhart exit. I think it is the old Dexter plant, since it is on Dexter Drive, and Dexter Axle is no longer there.

JohnD

The plant is off county rd 6 across from the airport in Elkhart.

Wow . . .

Our house was at the intersection of CR 6 and CR 21 in Bristol . . . just east of Elkhart!

I think our old property is now a bunch of Jayco factories, although (according to Google Street) the house is still there!