Torque 321 - Couch Slide

weekender01

We just picked up our new unit last week and I questioned the dealer if the couch slide was all the way out. They said that it was all the way out. It appears like it should go another couple inches or so, but the bracket for the cable mechanism is all the way to the wall when the slide is out so mechnically it cannot go any further. Is this correct? Did they put the brackets on backwards? Did they just not finish off the side of the slide so you do not see the slide cables and brackets?

I would post a picture, but anyone who has a 2015, 2016 or 2017 Torque 321 may be able to tell me if your couch slide is the same way. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

HornedToad

I remember when I did the PDI on my 2013 Torque 321 the tech explained that since the slide extended all the way out there was a medallion in the slide trim covering the cable motor that would have to be removed to access the motor and operate it manually with a flexible bit if it ever failed.

On my SOB forum when they switched from Schwintek to cable slides several owners complained about the issue with the slide not extending all the way out and it was determine that this was by design so you could access the cable motor if it failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weekender01

I remember when I did the PDI on my 2013 Torque 321 the tech explained that since the slide extended all the way out there was a medallion in the slide trim covering the cable motor that would have to be removed to access the motor and operate it manually with a flexible bit if it ever failed.

On my SOB forum when they switched from Schwintek to cable slides several owners complained about the issue with the slide not extending all the way out and it was determine that this was by design so you could access the cable motor if it failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would make sense. Thanks for the feedback.

Cabindoc

Going to subscribe here. I have a 14 321 and my couch slide suddenly droops when fully extended. I'm hoping nothings bent and it's just an adjustment.