Dash Cam with Rear View Trailer Dash Cam

Bohemian

Does anyone make a dash cam with a rear view trailer dash cam?

Ideally it should:

Be a dash cam forward and rearward for use with picup truck without trailer.

And

Be a dash cam forward and a trailer rearward dash cam

And

Be a pickup rear view camera for backing up and hooking up trailer

And wireless for rear camera

Anything out there, or jury rigged together?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your 2015 RAM has the Uconnect radio I suggest getting the Customtronix Jailbreak.
I have a rear view trailer cam the allows me to view while driving. It also activates when in reverse. Front cam as well.
If you have the Nav installed it also provides a disable lockout so you can change the navigation while moving.
I think this system is great. It provides me with everything I needed.

Peace
Dave

Does anyone make a dash cam with a rear view trailer dash cam?

Ideally it should:

Be a dash cam forward and rearward for use with picup truck without trailer.

And

Be a dash cam forward and a trailer rearward dash cam

And

Be a pickup rear view camera for backing up and hooking up trailer

And wireless for How much power does a dash cam use

Anything out there, or jury rigged together?
Just upgraded from an F150 to the 19 Ram 2500 6.4, loving the power and stability, but it came with out a trailer brake controller. In a hurry I just ordered the over priced kit from Infotainment. Live and learn. The issue is Installed everything did the update with the OBDGenie programmer. I now have the trailer brakes in the Uconnect and dash, but I get a service trailer brake message. I let it sit overnight, but I got the same message today.

I went ahead and tried to hook up to the trailer, but no brakes. All the lights and trailer cameras work, and I never had an issue with the brakes on the F150. Tonight I checked all the connections and verified the module is the correct version for the 2500. I can adjust the gain up and down, and add trailers, but no brakes.
When I use the manual switch it goes up to 30 something then goes blank; then if I adjust the gain I can try again and get the same thing. I have a video of that, but not sure I can post that here. Any ideas what i should check next? I did order the AlfaOBD and OBDLink MX.
thanks

Last edited:

jude

Just upgraded from an F150 to the 19 Ram 2500 6.4, loving the power and stability, but it came with out a trailer brake controller. In a hurry I just ordered the over priced kit from Infotainment. Live and learn. The issue is Installed everything did the update with the OBDGenie programmer. I now have the trailer brakes in the Uconnect and dash, but I get a service trailer brake message. I let it sit overnight, but I got the same message today.

I went ahead and tried to hook up to the trailer, but no brakes. All the lights and trailer cameras work, and I never had an issue with the brakes on the F150. Tonight I checked all the connections and verified the module is the correct version for the 2500. I can adjust the gain up and down, and add trailers, but no brakes.
When I use the manual switch it goes up to 30 something then goes blank; then if I adjust the gain I can try again and get the same thing. I have a video of that, but not sure I can post that here. Any ideas what i should check next? I did order the AlfaOBD and OBDLink MX.
thanks
I think you have to be above 10 mph