Living room fold-out bed doesn't lie flat

TxCowboy

Had a house guest stay with us in our LM 365 Key West and, as we folded out the living room bed, we noticed that it doesn't fold out flat. That is to say, it fully extends and all of the support touch the carpet but the bed itself isn't flat at that point. The feet area is higher than the area where you'd expect the pillow to be located.

Anyone else have this little issue and have a remedy for this?

I guess we could always place the pillows where the foot of the bed would normally be located but we'd prefer not to do that...

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
We noticed this in our new Bighorn. Ours is in 3 sections and none of them are even. I tried laying on it and it was not comfy at all. I guess you're not supposed to have guests. I'm sure our grandkids will sleep on the floor. ;)

jrzygrl64

I never checked if ours is perfectly flat or not, but my son just puts it on the floor anyway. In the morning, we fold it up and put it on the bed in the bedroom, in the evening we just bring it back out. Easy peezy. Better than messing with the fold-out part every night.

farside291

Ours is not flat either. The foot is higher. We sleep on it for nightly now because we gave the master bed to the in-laws who are staying with us. We purchased a 2 inch memory foam topper from Wally World and it helps and will still fold up with the sofa. Really not a bad sleep with the topper. When you put the pillows against the back cushions its really not that noticeable.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ours is not flat either. The foot is higher. We sleep on it for nightly now because we gave the master bed to the in-laws who are staying with us. We purchased a 2 inch memory foam topper from Wally World and it helps and will still fold up with the sofa. Really not a bad sleep with the topper. When you put the pillows against the back cushions its really not that noticeable.

Good to know! I wondered about adding a topper. What size did you use?

Garypowell

Our 2008 BH had a problem like you described. Turned out to be a bent frame. We figured it must have been damaged during install. Heartland sent us a new one. The two guys that showed up with it at our site wrestled in the new one and took the old one away.

I have always loved their service.....which is why we have a second unit.