Replacing Hydraulic Line

GWRam

I'm going to replace the retract line from the master slide to the hyd pump manifold.

Not done this before so I'm looking for advice and or suggestions.

My current plan disassemble the master bed to get to the fittings for the bed slide out. Then remove the hose from the manifold in the gen. bay. plug the manifold with
a 7/16-20 plug and cap off the end of the line. How much fluid and or spray mess should I expect during the disconnect? Then disconnect the line from the bed slide.
Plug and cap again and then remove line to take to local shop to have new one made to match.

Then reverse till all connections made. Once everything is reconnected, what is the best method to purge the air from the line and refill to proper hyd level. Since it is
a reversing system, do I just need to run the slides in and out till I notice the reservoir decrease and refill then cycle slides until the fluid doesn't drop any more??

Any advice or thoughts are appreciated.

Dave

avvidclif

I don't know about an RV system. On my tractor when I have a cylinder rebuilt I just put it back on and cycle it a few times and all is well. Perhaps someone with experience with the Level-Up system can respond.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Never seen the hydraulic cylinders that run the slides but since they are a two directional cylinder I'd guess too there are two lines on each cylinder.
As avvidcliff said cycle the hydraulics once reinstalled and ensure the proper amount of hydraulic fluid is in the reservoir.
That's all I've ever done on other systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
X2. I had a hydraulic line blow on a previous 5ver. The hardest part is cleaning the oil off of the driveway.

(As avvidcliff said cycle the hydraulics once reinstalled and ensure the proper amount of hydraulic fluid is in the reservoir)

GWRam

Thank You all for the replies.

The hose replacement went smoothly, very little fluid lose, and purging the air from the lines only took two cycling of slides in and out.

Thanks Again